Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Jeep Trail

I had so much fun on Miller a few weeks ago, I want to go again. We can meet at the Flying J at 9:30am on Sunday 6/10/07. Anyone care to join us?

Hi there I,m interested ,What,s the difficulty compared to those steep hill,s like Lookout and Rowher ??More rocks lots of ruts? just curious as to if I,ll make it, though I finally did the steepest hills at Lookout And I,m sorta new 2 months Thanks Geeb..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I have never done the harder stuff at Rowher so I am not really sure. I am told that they are comparable in difficulty and that Miller is just longer. I would be reluctant to tackle Miller with open diffs. Do you have lockers?

Comment

I ran Miller last Saturday, and grant it I have lockers, yet I did not use them once. Now as more rigs go on up it might get torn up. Yes Miller is long, there are a few spots that require you to pick a suitable line to make it thru. It is possible I think. Dont worry there is always a strap.
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Bruce, I,m not locked but I did do all the hills at Rowher. I do have a 44 rear with the limited slip that seems to help..Think that might cut it??

Comment

You can do Miller with no lockers, just pick your lines well. I've done it stock a number of times. Haven't been up since the fire, but even so, it's technical but not impossible.
            Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I've seen it done with open diffs, just too chicken to try it myself, I guess. If you get stuck, as mrchips says, there is always the strap. Please feel free to join us.
              Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                Bruce, I,m not locked but I did do all the hills at Rowher. I do have a 44 rear with the limited slip that seems to help..Think that might cut it??
                Geeb, after having wheeled with you on the Lookout and Rowher trails, I think that you and your rig are perfectly capable of running Lockwood and Miller. If you try Yellowjacket, there is one ledge that got me high centered, but since you have bigger tires, you might be able to clear it without a strap.
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

I was there last Saturday the trail seems easier than before the fires. Even took a brand new FJ through with no damage. The hardest trail there i think is YellowJacket
                  moon buggy
                  5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

I'm up for it. Guess I better go get a strap!

Comment

Miller jeep trail

Myself and 2 other jeeps are planning a trip to the Hungry valley entrance to run the miller trail? witch is the better way is to run!!!
                      Last edited by INTO4XN; 06-08-07, 04:14 PM.

Comment

OK , Guys I,m in I just need directions as to I,ve never been..Russ are you going to make it out??And russ my tires are only 31x1050,s and I just got those JKS quick disco,s so I,m there..Geeb

Comment

Let's plan to meet at the Flying J in Frazier Park at 9:30am on Sunday. Just drive up the 5 freeway about 30 miles past Castaic, take the Frazier Park exit and hang a left into the Flying J parking lot. We can then enter off of Lockwood Valley and exit thru Hungery Valley. Geebo, we will meet you at the Flying J. Into4xn, do you want to meet us there with your party as well? I will be on cb channel 4. Bruce

Comment

I'll be there at 9-9:30am with 3 other jeeps. we'll moniter ch 4 on the CB. see u there!!

Comment

I'm in. See you all at the flying J.
                              Jesse,

Comment

Working...
                              X