Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumont Dunes / 11.27.03

Rick and I are heading out to Dumont Dunes for Thanksgiving!

We'll be bringing/frying a decent sized turkey and we hope to see you out there!

To get there: head out on the 15 north to Baker, CA. Take the 127 out of Baker, and it's about 20 or so miles. Yahoo map of 127 and Baker.

We'll have the MJR signs and banner out there so you shouldn't miss us.

http://www.wx.com/myweather.cfm?ZIP=92309
    Last edited by sarah; 11-15-03, 10:39 PM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Regrets

I regret that I will not be able to attend after all. When I got back there was a call from my brother inviting me to their place in Fullerton. They are not going north after all.

Secret: I would have had more fun with you...you know how these family things are.

Comment

We are most likely going. We're waiting to here from our friends on their plan so we cannot be definite yet. We'll confirm as soon as possible
      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

I WISH I was going. I'll be working instead.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

We are definitely in! We'll bring aplleroll-in-sauce, dressing (stuffing) and possibly some other edibles Any requests? BTW will this be an overnight thing (bonfire, smores, etc.)? We need to know what to pack.

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Change in plans

Plans have changed. Our friends Will be available for Thanksgiving, but the drive to Dumont Dunes wiould be to much ( about 3 hours each way for our jeep,4 for theirs) so we are going closer to home. Possibly Stoddard Valley, or maybe even just at our place ( no wheeling, but a lot easier to cook ). So we will not be attending the dunes. Sorry, maybe next time

and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Hello!
              I am new to this group. I was looking for any information on Dumont Dunes for Thanksgiving, and all I was finding was ATV sites. I finally came across this site. YEAH! My husband, son, daughter, and I are going to Dumont Dunes for Thanksgiving this year. It will be our first time there. We have friends that have ATV's, that are going as well. However, none of our JEEP friends could go. We are excited that fellow JEEPers will be there. We look forward to meeting you. We are fairly new to JEEPing and are always looking for new friends that enjoy this activity.

Thank you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
              CarrieAnn

Comment

CarrieAnn, welcome to the site! You shouldn't have too much trouble getting this group out in the dirt.

Wish I was going......maybe next time.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

CarrieAnn, make sure you find us there! Another guy might be going that has an ATV -- he likes to race up comp! We should have our big yellow banner out -- so please stop by.

Welcome to the site!

Comment

So who is going up there or is it Stoddard valley? These threads are hard to figure out
                    Black 92 YJ
                    SOA, 2.5" Rancho Springs, 33" BFG M/T
                    8.8 w/4.56 w/detroit
                    Banks Header, Borla Exhaust, K&N

Comment

Re: Dumont Dunes / 11.27.03

Originally posted by sarah
                      Rick and I are heading out to Dumont Dunes for Thanksgiving!
                      Dumont! lol

Comment

Hey, I noticed that you have all four days of Thanksgiving listed on the calendar. Am I correct in assuming that you will be out there the whole weekend? I have to do the family thing on Thursday...and might have to help move a houseboat on Friday...but I am ready to play the rest of the time.

Comment

we marked all 4 days because that's what we planned on ... but if no one shows up and we get bored or the weather sucks really bad, we'll take off for home. i'm sure that the latest we'll stay is saturday, and we might not even head out there until friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            we marked all 4 days because that's what we planned on ... but if no one shows up and we get bored or the weather sucks really bad, we'll take off for home. i'm sure that the latest we'll stay is saturday, and we might not even head out there until friday morning.
                            I thought you guys were going out on Thursday. That's why I said I couldn't go. :confused:

Now I may be committed to something on Friday (friend is moving a houseboat...maybe).

Comment

I set the autopilot to Dumont Dunes, lets see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X