Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Peak

We had a free afternoon so we decided to go. A good friend of mine has a new 3.5'' lift on his wrangler and it needed to tried.
    Off to Corral Canyon area and up to the start of Bronco Peak. The uphill to Bronco peak was fun, alittle challenging, but fun, no damage. Did I say we dont have lockers in our jeeps?
    Ok....you guys did not warn me about the downhill, Miguelito, it was brutal. More than I wanted to chew, nasty, damaging. Thankfully it was all downhill overwise, I would still be now.

The uphill....this was fun.

The beginning of the downhill gave me this...

And the beatings continued...

Chewing and chewing...

Finally made the bottom of the hill, which still would not let go of its nasty taste....

And here we are at the end, finally free of the grip of Bronco Peak. Dusty, dirty from black dust of the fire that had swept the area. Grateful to be on level smooth land again.

As Kurt would say, 'A good day wheeln", but not without its many bangs and scrapes today.
    Up to Bronco Peak...nice. Down from Bronco Peak...brutal. Prepare for a challenging downhill.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

BobO... I'll soon be lifted and need to 'break it in' I'll give you a call when I'm done!

Thanks for the pics and tale!!! Looks like a good time!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

You don't need no stinkin' license plate, hehe!!
      Sweet pics, thanks for sharing.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

That's the way "other people" know that you "use" your Jeep! Nice pic's!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          That's the way "other people" know that you "use" your Jeep! Nice pic's!
          Well, you see, after the trip 'up' to the peak, I thought, no worries, its all downhill, shouldn't be any rougher than the trip up. WRONG. I wasn't prepared for that much "use".

Nice trip, though, I know you would enjoy it.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

hahaha yea that downhill was scetchy in some spots but let me tell ya, having my new Rubi case(4:1) allowed me to squeeze be everything without having my passenger want to walk the trail. Next time you go out there on a friday I am game! super fun trail. probably my favorite local spot ever!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

The stickers on my Jeep say it all: I LOVE dirty girls...

You guys had to have fun. Bronco rocks! Glad to see you came out no worse for wear. Next time you go give me a call.

Kurt
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                BobO... I'll soon be lifted and need to 'break it in' I'll give you a call when I'm done!
                Hey if you and BobO plan a trip, please give me a call. I've been wanting to explore the area. BobO has my number.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

No lockers? Nice. Mmmm... maybe I should fix my muffler after I try this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                    Hey if you and BobO plan a trip, please give me a call. I've been wanting to explore the area. BobO has my number.
                    You got it Mike!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

me too me too!!
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X