Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Great Video! XJ's are amazing on front-end flex.

I'm soooooo in for a run but the 19th is committed to a different run. Please post pics 'cuz I really want to go explore the area. I'm not entirely sure that I can make it on my own, but with an anchor point or a friendly tug, I am very willing to try it.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by markw View Post
      If your up to it, a bunch of us XJ guys are headed over there on the 19th. Not sure the meeting time, we're probably going to shoot for 9am at 4 corners for airing down. Most of us are locked on 33's. I did sidewinder a couple weeks back on my recon run to see what was reopened. Neighbor wants to do Bronco peak in the hard direction.
      If you guys don't mind a SWB mucking up the scenery I 'll hook up with you on the 19th. Life permitting, of course...

Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        If you guys don't mind a SWB mucking up the scenery I 'll hook up with you on the 19th. Life permitting, of course...

Rat
        How prepared is your rig? Most the guys in our group are on 33's or bigger with at least 1 locker, and tow points. There will probably be 1 TJ or CJ with us. Most of us XJ guys don't mind poking fun at SWB rigs when they hang up on stuff or giving them a tug when they need it.

Comment

How prepared is your rig? Most the guys in our group are on 33's or bigger with at least 1 locker, and tow points. There will probably be 1 TJ or CJ with us. Most of us XJ guys don't mind poking fun at SWB rigs when they hang up on stuff or giving them a tug when they need it.
          Oh, just a little old SWB with 35's, ARBS and a "I love body damage" attitude. I watched your videos; talk about getting hung up on things!!! Love the "oops! I've been in two wheel drive the whole time" thing. Been there, done that, out at JV. I've run both Bronco and Sidewinder with 32's and open, no probs.

Rat

Comment

Wow, somebody questioning Rat's rig and abilities?? Must be a new guy! Rat got me through White Mountain with my bone stock Jeep... he's the one pulling me (and Patrick) here:
            http://jeep.matandtiff.com/gallery/big-bear-08202006/

You'll get to know more people the more you hang out with MJR. Almost everybody with the core MJR group is built and experienced (except me, although I don't consider me one of the "MJR core" people.... y.e.t.... )
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Oh, just a little old SWB with 35's, ARBS and a "I love body damage" attitude. I watched your videos; talk about getting hung up on things!!! Love the "oops! I've been in two wheel drive the whole time" thing. Been there, done that, out at JV. I've run both Bronco and Sidewinder with 32's and open, no probs.

Rat

Sounds good. I almost did Claw on 31's and would've if I had a gas tank skid. Lockers make such a difference.

Comment

Rat
                You've done Bronco and Sidewinder already? open?

oh, boy....now that sounds like a challenge to 'no stinkn lockers Bob'.

ok, smart guy, now try Bronco backwards open. I dare ya.
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                  You've done Bronco and Sidewinder already? open?

oh, boy....now that sounds like a challenge to 'no stinkn lockers Bob'.

ok, smart guy, now try Bronco backwards open. I dare ya.
                  Bob,
                  ANYTHING FOR YOU BUUUUDY!

Kurt

Comment

Sounds good. I almost did Claw on 31's and would've if I had a gas tank skid. Lockers make such a difference.
                    Wait till you see my gas tank skid. Has JV written ALL over it...

Comment

LOL i was going to say the same thing, someone is questioning Rats maroon TJ?

RAt we need to go wheeling again before the gear swap!! I feel infincable with my new 4:1, I just keep getting hung up cuz of that damn transfer case drop(soon to be ridden of) and my small 33s.

Rat? if your doing this trail, I will do my best to gt out there! it is only 45 min from my pad. I just have to leave the trail by 2pm or 3pm. gotta work and NO major damage! keep me posted!

hey do you guys wanna post up a trail run then?
                      Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 05-10-07, 08:45 AM.
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

The run I'm doing is a Socalxj run, mostly San Diego XJ guys. We'll probably do Bronco backwards. We haven't firmed up a meeting time/place, but it's looking like 9am at the 4 corners parking lot.

edit--

I've never run Bronco Peak, looking at the map now What's more challenging, west to east or east to west? Which way is considered backwards? Do you start at Corral Canyon campground and run to the other side, then take the road back? Or do you end at the Corral Canyon Campground?

Here's the map for those not familiar.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...nyon2005-2.gif
                        Last edited by markw; 05-10-07, 02:24 PM.

Comment

cant see the map too well but the "hard way" is i believe beggining at corral canyon camp ground. the main hard part is two hill climbs. the first one is tough and the second is fun. keep us posted on for sure if its going down.
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

The best way to go is from Corral campground. Then you pick up Sidewinder as you come off bronco. The only thing I like about going the other way (east to west) is the big slide. You go up east to west, down west to east. But either way is fun fun fun...
                            Kurt

Comment

Good map.
                              Yup, from Corral Canyon up 3a, that would be the tough part. The 'connector' the map calls it. That should be the tough way up. Thats what we went down. (still licking my jeep bruises from it). I did not see the 5 turn off to Bronco Flats. The trail was fenced (small fence) to keep folks from driving off the trail through the burnt area. There is no way a no locker jeep can go up that way. Narrow trail, head on traffic will be difficult to negotiate around.
                              Have a great trip! Should be lots of fun.
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                              X