Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
    we'll be at serrano, was trying for hanna flat but they said 26' limit, so had to go serrano#67 if your just coming up for the day, we can meet across from the fire station in fawnskin, at that parking lot where everyone meets up.9:00AM sat. see ya///Kevin
    You wouldnt happen to have room for some tents and Jeeps at your site would ya
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

well its 8 person and only my wife and i are going in the rv, i just dont know about the extra vehicles, if you want call and see what they say i have no prob with it. there were a few tent sites left also..

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
      You wouldnt happen to have room for some tents and Jeeps at your site would ya

Comment

haha its cool, we'll all just take the RV... you guys can sleep on the couch

Yeah we'll call and see whats up when were more for sure.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
          Greg Hoffman (SBNF OHV Coordinator) explained the situation at the AAT meeting last month.

1. The whole area south of 2N61Y, including the abandoned Pontiac and all of Heartbreak Ridge have been zoned as "RW" (Recommended Wilderness) during the 2005 Land and Resource Management Plan (aka Forest Plan) process. The appeal period for the Forest Plan ended in July 2006, so we are stuck with the "RW" zoning for the area until the next plan (10-15 years).
          2. According the the Forest Service, The Congress has reserved the authority to make final decisions on Wilderness designation. In the interim, the plan directs that Wilderness characteristics be protected in the areas until Congress takes final action. In other words, the Forest Service treats the "RW" zoning as though it already has been designated as Wilderness.
          3. Since the area is being "treated as Wilderness", that trail is designated for hikers only; it is not designated for motorized vehicles (even mountain bicycles are prohibited). Although there is no gate across the trail, I noticed that there are no trail markers either, because it is not an authorized route.
          4. There are existing regulations that prohibit motorized vehicle use in the SBNF except on designated trails.
          5. Bottom line, this is not a "designated trail" for motorized use because of the "RW" zoning. You could be cited by the Forest Service for operating a motor vehicle on that trail.

Here is a link to the Region 5 FAQ about the Forest Plans; look at items 14-18

6. While we are on the subject, the Gold Mountain Rock Garden is zoned "BCNM" (Back Country Non-Motorized). While not as restrictive as "RW", it has the same effect because it removes that portion of the trail from the designated route system.
          Well that sucks.

Comment

well its 8 person and only my wife and i are going in the rv, i just dont know about the extra vehicles, if you want call and see what they say i have no prob with it. there were a few tent sites left also..
            I couldn't get a site there, probally just be there for the day
            moon buggy
            5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Gold Mountain

Originally posted by steelman View Post
              Are you saying that we can't drive through the rock garden anymore?
              per a conversation I had with Ranger Greg Hoffman several months back, the rock gardens were to be closed towards the end of the year. If they are closed or not YET i do not know. The rest of the trail will remain open. I might make it to this run also. Im due for a campout in Big Bear.
              Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 05-11-07, 04:45 AM. Reason: more info.
              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

dont know how these trails--gold mtn and pontiac!!! got brought up here but im not running them on this weekend,???????????dont want anyone to get confused or anything...

Comment

dont know how these trails--gold mtn and pontiac!!! got brought up here but im not running them on this weekend,???????????dont want anyone to get confused or anything...

Sorry, my fault on Pontiac. I mentioned I would be up there and looking out for other MJR folks. :hide:

Comment

no prob/ just didnt want anyone to get confused. hope to run in to you guys,//Kevin

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                    Sorry, my fault on Pontiac. I mentioned I would be up there and looking out for other MJR folks. :hide:

Comment

Meet At Discovery Center-not Fawnskin

we are gonna meet whoever goes at the discovery center in bigbear, not at the fire station, since im at serrano that just makes it easier...thanks//Kevin

Comment

Meet At Discovery Center-not Fawnskin

we are gonna meet whoever goes at the discovery center in bigbear, not at the fire station, since im at serrano that just makes it easier...thanks//Kevin
                        Hey Kevin, maybe put a roll call on this run to see how many people are going?
                        PS> anyone doing high desert round up. See thread
                        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=8514&page=2
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

gonna go to bigbear in the begining of june, the second and third, planning on staying the weekend, anyone want to come up for the day or the weekend?? want to run dishpan, holcomb, and jonbull, or what ever, its kinda early but its better than last second. thanks for lookin ///Kevin
                          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=
                          352&day=2007-6-2&c=1

roll call

Comment

So, I see that I'm the only one that has signed the "sign-up" sheet. Has the interest in this run faded? Who else is planning on attending?
                            Money pit!

Comment

Well the BS Fab crew was gonna try to make it out there but we ran Holcomb last weekend and were REALLY behind on projects that need to get done so im not sure we'll still be out there, we'll see though...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Well, we'll be at the Discovery Center at 8:30 and see who shows.
                                Money pit!

Comment

Working...
                                X