Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
    Hey, thanks for the info. I will try to give it a shot this weekend and post some pix for y'all.

hey Bruce, did you go this weekend?

Comment

looks like my plans have changed again, I'll be working this saturday - hope you guys have a good time

Comment

See you Saturday at 9:00

Comment

So, as of now.....
          I'll be meeting JKING at Don's Liquor Mart and ROKNXJ at trailhead on Saturday.

and

JEEPCRAZY and another group (from infectious offroad) on Sunday at Don's.

See ya there!

Comment

Just found out this morning that someone from the Trail Crew club is putting together a trip to BC109 this Saturday. They are meeting at Flying J at 9:00am. So, I'm sure we'll be running into them on the trail!

Comment

Still planning on meeting you, Sarah, at 9:00 at Don's liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                So, as of now.....
                I'll be meeting JKING at Don's Liquor Mart and ROKNXJ at trailhead on Saturday.

and

JEEPCRAZY and another group (from infectious offroad) on Sunday at Don's.

See ya there!

Ok might not be able to make the 10:30am meeting at the trailhead tomorrow. Please don't wait to long for us. We will catch up on the trail.

thanks,
                Joe Rojas
                1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

wheres the fire in relation to where we are wheeling at. is it going to be a problem. and how bad is the smoke.

steve

Comment

Trip Report

Just got home from the weekend of wheeling.

On Saturday, I met JKing at Don's and we headed up to BC109. We waited until about 10:45 for you ROKNXJ, and headed out. Since JKing nor I had ever been on the trail, we headed into the first wash.

This is the main wash

We went back about 3.5 miles, fairly narrow wash, nothing too extreme. About Moderate Rated. We played in a few of the off-shoot cyn's.

The trail was a dead end, so we exited the way we came. Shot pictures and video.

Sorry for the low quality video's!

We never crossed paths with ROKNXJ though! Did you make it?

One more video...just for JKing!

Had to do it man!

On Sunday, I met Henry and Brian from Infectious Offroad at Don's. We waited until about 9:30 and headed out to the trail. Unfortunately, we never saw JEEPCRAZY!

Henry's Rig

Brian's Rig

They informed me that I was NOT in the CORRECT cyn and took me to the correct one.

Damage occured before we even hit the trail. Brian was hearing a noise from his front end, and at the trailhead discovered his passenger axle ujoint cap was destroyed. He didn't have a spare, so we pulled the axle, stuffed the tube with a t-shirt, and he wheeled with 3 wheel drive.

This cyn was fairly narrow, with lots of rocks. I'm open front and rear, they were both locked. So, we were going to head in as far as I could go. My good ol' CJ kept up though! I had to be winched off a rock only once.

Both days had very little trail damage. JKing dented his 2007 JK Rubi's rear bumper. He was pretty happy about that!

On Sunday I removed my stock antenna on a rock and bent up my rear license plate.

Comment

The fire was on the west side of freeway, from about 1/2 mile north of Smokey Bear offramp to about the Gorman offramp. I heard the freeway was closed on Saturday...I hope it didn't delay JKing getting home. Today it was still burning (looking more like a controlled burn though) but freeway was open.

Comment

Great report. Great pics. Looks like trip worth making. Nice rigs too!
                        Glad to hear the fire is not too bad, that area don't need no mo...

Thanks guys

Rat
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Steve, Glad to hear ya had fun sorry I missed it cj looks great..Later Geeb
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Nice report. Nice rigs too. Too bad about the U-joint, but it looks like everyone had a great time. I gotta get out there!
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

I finally downloaded my gps tracks.

I see there is a problem!!!
                              Sunday, most of our off-roading was in the Chumash Wilderness. I'm going to look into it, but for now, please consider the tracks past the boundry as being illegal!

Map is labeled as:
                              Green track - easy
                              Blue track - moderate
                              Black track - difficult

I am not that experienced, so I feel the rating is conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                                Just got home from the weekend of wheeling.

On Saturday, I met JKing at Don's and we headed up to BC109. We waited until about 10:45 for you ROKNXJ, and headed out. Since JKing nor I had ever been on the trail, we headed into the first wash.

Yeah sorry got there kind of late 12 noon to be exact. We went up the main road and droped off about 4 to 5 miles up then we headed down the river and out. We did meet up with a full size blazer and a white TJ but didn't see any other groups. BC109 is fun for all ages. Sorry that we didn't meet but maybe next time.
                                Joe Rojas
                                1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                                X