Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bc109

I want to run BC109. I'll be hitting it on May 20th. Anyone else interested?

Since I'll be staying in Frazier Park from the 17th-20th, I'd rather not drive out to Flying J, so I'd suggest meeting at Don's Liquor in Frazier Park. Go West from the I5 to red flashing light. Turn right, and you're there. Lots of parking, and gas available.

Might be interested but not sure yet. I'll see what comes up in the next week or so.

edit:

Would you be willing to go on May 19th?
    Joe Rojas
    1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I'll keep it open.

Comment

Well I have a couple of people committed for the 19th is you would like to join.
        Joe Rojas
        1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

hear ya

Sounds good to me see if she my other half has those days open ....If able I,ll be there..Geeb
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Sounds cool.....but..

...where is BC109?

We're gonna try and make it....
            John & Kristi

Comment

BC109 is in Lockwood Valley...I believe there is a writeup on MJR somewhere about it.

roknxj - I will be up there both days...and wouldn't mind running the trail Sat. AND Sun. My only other comittment that weekend is Gorman 4X4 area on Friday morning (hate being there in a Jeep on the weekends!)

Here is a link:
              http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ighlight=bc109

Here is a link with photo's from Frazier Park 4X4 Club:
              http://www.fp4x4.org/BC109-0207/bc109-0207.htm
              Last edited by SAR Jeeper; 05-05-07, 06:00 PM. Reason: add link:

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                Sounds good to me see if she my other half has those days open ....If able I,ll be there..Geeb
                Glad to hear it...come a day or two early if you want!

Comment

I should be able to make one of those days. Where are you meeting on saturday? and what time? what time on sunday (at Don's Liquor)?

Comment

Friday: If anyone's interested: Gorman 4X4 practice area at 10:00am

Saturday: Meet at Don's Liquor Mart at 9:00am for BC109

Sunday: Meet at Don's Liqor Mart at 9:00am for BC109

Directions to Don's: Exit I5 at Frazier Park Offramp and go West. When you reach the town of Frazier Park, there will be an intersection with a stop sign and a red flashing light. Turn right and go over bridge. On your right is Don's Liquor Mart (it's name may have changed...but you can't miss it), they have lots of parking, and about 4 gas pumps. They are right across the street from the Sheriff's Sub-station.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                      Saturday: Meet at Don's Liquor Mart at 9:00am for BC109
                      Not sure if we can make the 9am meeting on Sat, but we will try. If we can't get there you guys can leave and will catch up and meet at BC109.
                      Joe Rojas
                      1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

This trail looks interesting- where EXACTLY is it? Is it on the north or south side of the road, and about how far from the 5 freeway? Is there any camping nearby? I'd like to go check it out this Saturday!

Comment

These are directions given to me...I have never been here either.

It is about 20 miles down Lockwood Valley rd. You will see a sign that says Dome Springs. Right after you get off of the road is a great spot to air down and disconnect the sway bars. Follow that trail for a short while keeping an eye out to the left; you need to drop into the wash bed as soon as you find a good spot.

You will travel up the wash for a little while traveling up it is better to stay to the left but the best part of the trail will shoot off from the right. You are going to travel up the main wash for about ½ a mile. At that point it will start to become a little more difficult and as you travel become more and more difficult. The trail will finally dead end at the top and you will have to turn around and come back the way you came. The entire trail is about 5-6 miles.

Comment

OK, Steve here I am, is this the right place?? I go runnig thru these things and get lost LOL..hope to make it..Geeb
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              OK, Steve here I am, is this the right place?? I go runnig thru these things and get lost LOL..hope to make it..Geeb
                              I was wondering what you were talking about - then I read the linked thread, nice post :smile:

I should be up there on the 20th and I'll see if a few of my wheelin buddies want to go too

Comment

Working...
                              X