Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Coyote Canyon - graded?

Hey, does anybody know anything about coyote canyon down to Bailey's cabin being graded? I sure the hell hope not! A little more than a year ago I first ran the trail in a Ford ranger just to the beginning of the turkey track. No way was my truck going to make it! But it was one of the very first trails I ran when I got my jeep (loved it!) and I did notice that it was somewhat easier just up until the turkey track, like a dozer went over it. Its one of my favorite trails and I pray that the state park leaves it as it is. The Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is massive and contains trails for all skill levels. Sometime toward the end of May I might just have to head on out there and findout for myself. I do know that Painted George/Carrizo Mountain was graded but its still pretty rough near the top. Anyway, I hope that trail is the same as i remember it. See ya on the trail!

North Coyote Canyon

See you on the trail...absolutely, keep in touch. Being graded, yup it seems that they do that every once in a while when they get to many complaints. I am sure someone will respond to the specific's of who watches the trail.. I know there is still lots of controversy about closing the trail, because it once went through to Anza. They graded Calcite Mine trail last year, it was getting to be a real challenge with possible roll over areas.

BobO
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

You bet! Yeah, I took wife up to calcite mine a few months ago. Still got some good wheel-lifts, though. I really need to get some quick disconnects for my swaybar. As for Coyote Canyon, I'll put up a post when I know for sure when Im going out. Wasn't middle willows in Coyote Canyon closed in the 80's??? That was before I was even able to get into wheeling. Would have been nice to run that canyon all the way through. I've heard they're trying to open it up again but we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X