X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal 4 Wheel's High Desert Roundup

The 36th Annual Hi Desert Round-Up
    Memorial Day Weekend May 25-28, 2007
    It's that time again guy's,.. Cal Four Wheel puts on a great run and for those that are members it's only 40 bucks. This is held in the stoddard wells off road area. There are lots of clubs there lots of good trails and a good raffle to boot. Be SURE to check the web page for trail requirements and so on.
    http://www.cal4wheel.com/ :thumbs_up
    And like I always say,... "if you aint stuck, you aint tryin"

for Saturday:
    [roll]348[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 05-23-07, 01:22 PM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

The last time I went to HDR in 2003 it was 115 degrees the whole weekend, and the coolest it got at night was 98 degrees. No thanks.

It's a good event, though, if you can stand the heat.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
      The last time I went to HDR in 2003 it was 115 degrees the whole weekend, and the coolest it got at night was 98 degrees. No thanks.

The last few years it's been rather comfortable during the day. The nights were a little on the cool side.
      Last year we had some wind. A lot of wind. Kind of makes starting the campfire fun.
      The wind does wonders for the tent.
      Wouldn't miss it. I will be attending with my two boys again.

Comment

I already registered back in February!! Wouldn't miss it. I still have many trails to accomplish in the Desert Jewel!

Comment

the last two years have been on the cool side, I think this year will be cool as well, I allready pre-registered so see ya out there!
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

It's been a few since I last attended, but I think that I'll go this year! The last time I attended The kids and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Barstow. I feed my kids breakfast at the Denny's and sleep on a reasonably soft bed at the motel-everybodies happy!!
            Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
              It's been a few since I last attended, but I think that I'll go this year! The last time I attended The kids and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Barstow. I feed my kids breakfast at the Denny's and sleep on a reasonably soft bed at the motel-everybodies happy!!
              I did that the last time I went, too, and it was good.

We stayed in that Motel 6 back in Dec. for a Calico tripm and it was like camping out in the motel. We even got treated to a drug bust in the room behind ours at 3 AM. What fun!
              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I did that the last time I went, too, and it was good.

We stayed in that Motel 6 back in Dec. for a Calico tripm and it was like camping out in the motel. We even got treated to a drug bust in the room behind ours at 3 AM. What fun!
                That wasn't you I saw in the background on the last episode of COPS, was it?
                Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  the last two years have been on the cool side, I think this year will be cool as well, I allready pre-registered so see ya out there!
                  You know, now that we've both confirmed the lower temps, it will be hotter than the surface of the sun this year

But, I wouldn't miss it. I attend 'cause I know the money spent helps the people fighting to keep the trails open.:yay:

Comment

[QUOTE=Jason;77318 But, I wouldn't miss it. I attend 'cause I know the money spent helps the people fighting to keep the trails open.:yay:[/QUOTE]there ya go,.. now we are thinking good thoughts....M

Comment

What does the weather matter when your out wheelin' your Jeep with friends???? There are things called Cool Blasters that you can fill with water, pump it up and then mist yourself. There are ice chests and ice to keep drinks cold. There's A/C....well for me at least! lol

Comment

i will be their. first time their in a jeep. last year i was in a full size chevy. none of the games were set up for something like me. it kind of sucked. but the trails were fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                          What does the weather matter when your out wheelin' your Jeep with friends???? There are things called Cool Blasters that you can fill with water, pump it up and then mist yourself. There are ice chests and ice to keep drinks cold. There's A/C....well for me at least! lol
                          I have AC, too, but that's not the point...oh well...hot is hot.

I support the trails, too, I just choose to give my money directly to organizations that I see fit. Just because I don't go to an event doesn't mean I'm not fighting the good fight.

Ah well, you all have fun. It CAN be a fun event. We'll be out there this weekend hamming it up. I'll keep you all in my thoughts as I enjoy one the last few cool weekends of the season.

Comment

It's Stoddard Valley in the end of May expect it to be Hot/Windy just like in Iraq,we go there for the wheeling not the weather,See ya there........Santa

Comment

expect it to be Hot/Windy just like in Iraq

Originally posted by 4xSanta View Post
                              It's Stoddard Valley in the end of May expect it to be Hot/Windy just like in Iraq,we go there for the wheeling not the weather,See ya there........Santa
                              now you are talking,... im registered for the event. Look for the big orange victor valley flag at our camp....MATT

Comment

Working...
                              X