Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
    I would to see if anyone has run Sidwinder or Broncos peak down here in San Diego. From the trail book I have, it seems to be the closest trail near my place. I really am not looking for anything crazy but really want to just get out there, also am desperate to test out my new transfer case! If anyone wants to go please let me know. I have never been to these trails and im up for an adventure but would like to go with more vehicles. If anyone has been on the trails I have mentioned please let me know how it is, or if anyone knows any other close moderate trails post up!

like i said im desperate to test out my T-case. I can only go on friday do to that thing we call "work"

let me know thanks!!
    Rating: Varied, Easy to Extreme
    Driving Directions to Corral Canyon (Bronco’s Peak & Sidewinder): Take I-8, east. Continue on I-8 East for about 45 miles and exit at Buckman Springs Rd. Turn right at the end of the off exit ramp. If you are coming I-8 West, turn left at the end of the off exit ramp. Continue through the stop sign, south on Buckman Springs Rd. for approximately 3.5 miles. There is a large brown sign indicating Corral Canyon Rec Area on your right; turn right. Corral Canyon Road starts off as a good graded dirt road, but turns to pavement after the first couple of miles. The road stays paved up to the Four Corners meeting spot. I wouldnt recommend a stock Jeep for Bronco's Peak.
    Drew
    95yj Six Pack

Comment

I am definitly not stock. I have that Southern Cali backcountry guide. Im sure i can find coral canyon but is it easy to find the actual trail head?

great pics looks like exactly what im looking for!
      I am coming from Pacific Beach.

also those pics are from not too long ago right? I can see the fire damage. looks like a blast cant wait!
      Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 04-12-07, 08:19 PM.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I am definitly not stock. I have that Southern Cali backcountry guide. Im sure i can find coral canyon but is it easy to find the actual trail head?

great pics looks like exactly what im looking for!
        I am coming from Pacific Beach.

also those pics are from not too long ago right? I can see the fire damage. looks like a blast cant wait!
        The area is roped off with plastic ribbins. You can see some of this in the run. Dont go into the areas that are off limits.

Drew can for sure confirm to if you break something it can ruin your day. Trails are tight and in some places one way.

Yes the pics are resent

How ya doing Drew? Got some cool stuff in Baja
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

this trail was pretty much exactly what I was looking for!! Lot of fun stuff to play on! The weather was awesome!!! I can only imagine how nice of a place it was when there was vegitation. I think the reason I was so excited, was that I got to test my 4:1. wow.... it was rediculous. My jeep has just bumped up its performance level a lot!! But...i do need to get rid of my damn transfer case drop. I was getting caught on that a lot. I also like the big wall/waterfall towards the begging of Sidewinder!!! Awesome trails that are super close to my house!!! I will be going back asap!!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome trails that are super close to my house!!! I will be going back asap!!

Give me a shout when you go again and I'll join you.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

oh for sure!!!!
              here are a couple pics of the fun I had!!!

Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 04-14-07, 01:31 PM.

Comment

could I actually make this climb? my rear bumper is hitting

great time!!

Comment

Very cool. One of these days...I'll join ya.
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post

Drew can for sure confirm to if you break something it can ruin your day. Trails are tight and in some places one way.

How ya doing Drew? Got some cool stuff in Baja
                    Nice Pics Mike! Glad you had a good time at our local hot spots.

Vern! how the heck are you bud. I sold the YJ and will start building the Rubicon little by little. I should be ready for the big stuff again by the end of the year early next year. I just have to stay within limits the way the Jeep is now. Cant wait to wheel with ya again. You too Mr. Rat, good seeing you again and Im sure sometime soon at BB.

Drew-
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

not sure if anyone cares or gets petersons 4 wheel and offroad mag. there is an article about this trail and how 4x4 clubs like San Diego 4 wheelers are trying to help out the trail.
                      Its awesome to see this kind of thing. I wish we could get something together like this for Miller Jeep trail

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll go pick up a copy.

Looks like you guys had a great time out there. I may try getting out there on Friday the 27th for a little fun...

Here's a link to my stock adventure on Sidewinder out there:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20in%20SoCal/

Comment

Corral Canyon Clean up 4.21.07

Hello,

Corral Canyon continues to recover from the Horse Fire and the main gate
                          has been open since the end of February. Use has been moderate to high on
                          weekends and the good news is that the vast majority of visitors are having
                          fun while playing by the rules. We have had a very small number of clueless
                          riders trespass into the burn area and due to the high level of
                          surveillance and law enforcement all have been apprehended before doing any
                          real damage to the soil stabilization measures going on in the burned
                          areas. Please pass the word that we are working to get the burned areas
                          stabilized and that the area has to remain undisturbed so we can reopen it
                          as soon as possible. If the area is further damaged by off-roaders who
                          trespass into it, reopening will be delayed and since most of the funding
                          we have has time limits attached to it reopening could be delayed
                          indefinitely if we get behind schedule. We need everyoneGÇÖs help to keep our
                          reopening efforts on schedule. Please remind everyone you can to protect
                          motorized access to public land by following the rules, staying on
                          designated trails and taking good care of their recreation resources.

Next Volunteer work day GÇô 04/21/2007

The second phase of the re-opening process is gearing up and we are moving
                          forward with the work. Trails Unlimited has finished replacing the tread
                          and repairing the drainage on all the trails we needed them to fix. The
                          materials for the second phase of work will be delivered next week so I am
                          asking for any interested volunteers to come out to Corral Canyon on
                          Saturday April 21st for another work day. Bring your work clothes/gear and
                          plan to meet at Bobcat Campground at 9:45 am. Most of the effort will be
                          focused on the fencing that needs to be installed. We are planning to work
                          until 4:30 pm so bring a lunch if you want to spend the whole day with us.

I want to take another opportunity to thank everyone who has helped in the
                          effort to reopen Corral Canyon so far. It is great to be working with such
                          proactive people who understand the value of their off-road resources and
                          are willing to step up and do what it takes to keep the Corral Canyon OHV
                          area open for the enjoyment of all. You are great examples of the kind of
                          people it will take to ensure the future of areas like Corral Canyon.

Thanks

Email me with questions otherwise I will see you there!

Richard Tull
                          OHV Program Manager
                          Descanso Ranger District
                          Cleveland National Forest
                          3348 Alpine Blvd.
                          Alpine, CA 91901
                          (619) 445 6235 ext 3451
                          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                          WEB site

Comment

I'd like to go oout for the cleanup but promised the wife we'd do some museum sight seeing... At least it's the Astronomy day stuff at the Reuben H. Fleet!

Comment

Just a thought, but Britain's post would probably be a good thing to splice over to the Trail Rides & Events Forum. It might draw more folks attention there.

If a moderator agrees, could you help out?
                              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                                Just a thought, but Britain's post would probably be a good thing to splice over to the Trail Rides & Events Forum. It might draw more folks attention there.

If a moderator agrees, could you help out?
                                See http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8492
                                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X