Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Jay/Lake Arrowhead area

Hey guys,

can you recommend some easy/moderate trails for me? I'm going to be in the Blue Jay area on Saturday and have 3-4 hours of free time.

My friend wants to wheel his Tacoma since he put on his 2.5 inch lift. I'll be taking my WJ with ome lift. We both do not have rocker protection only stock skids and recovery points, which is I believe too little to run any Big Bear trails not to mention time factor.

Greatly appreciated for any tips.

Thanks,
    Merlin

If you head over by the pinnacles staging area, theres 3N34 and you can take the "Jeep Trail" Which is rated "blue square" and is pretty easy with a couple little hill climbs. If you have a map it will make it easier to navigate the area, theres also 2N29Y (I believe it is) that goes off 3N34 and is rated "black diamond" but ive ran all those trails around there with a stock LJ so it shouldnt be anything too bad. Directions are kinda hard to explain but like i said if you have a map, it makes it a lot easier.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

You can try 2N84 ... it's not far out of Fawnskin off of 3N14.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I would suggest you stay off dishpan, but other than that everything else near Lake Arrowhead you should be fine on.

Devil's Hole is a great place to stop for lunch.

For maps see posts 21, 22 & 23
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=7732&page=2
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Wow! Thanks! They all sound very fun. I'll take a closer look later on. I suppose FishPOET's posts make up the majority of trails in that area?

Any other recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
            Wow! Thanks! They all sound very fun. I'll take a closer look later on. I suppose FishPOET's posts make up the majority of trails in that area?

Any other recommendations?
            FishPOET's suggestions hit most of the fun trails to the east of Blue Jay. Those trails have more variety than to the west, but if interested, you can take 2N33 (Pilot Rock Road) to the left, just before you get to 3N34 (Willow Creek Jeep Trail). The sightseeing is good and there are side trails further down that can be quite challenging in places. Some pics:

I recommend that you stay off of 2N17X, but everything else is easy to moderate with by passes for anything tough.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Meh, we had a 2 stock LJs do 2N17X and never need to be straped up anything thats REALLY bad can be bypassed but it is a more challanging trail...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thank you very much guys. We got to do a bunch of trails yesterday. Me and my buddy had a real good time wheeling our rigs.

We started at the pinnacles staging area, where there were some ohv volunteers working. They had a lifted red cherokee patrolling the area along with a black lj and some other vehicles.

Anyway, we took 3N34 and went the wrong way going onto I believe 2N75 and ended up at the residential area. So, we doubled back and got onto the right trail. We continued on 3N34 and instead of staying on it we took 2N29Y. We hung a turn onto 2N28Y then onto 2N25. It was pretty cool to run passed a ranch out in no where.

We then looped back onto 3N34 to head back to the pinnacles staging area. On the way back we decided to go up 3N34X to get to the staging area. Wow was that a really nice fun trail to run. Super steep, giant ruts and a foot step up.

I was told twice that my wj with ome lift couldn't handle 3N34X nor could my friend's with his tacoma with 2inch lift, but we did it no problems. No dents, no getting stuck, no getting hung up, no bottoming out. I don't even think I used my transfer case skid.

It was amazing getting out into the wilderness. It was just so peaceful being out there. Secluded with only 2 rigs. Tons of fire damage still. I must mention that except for 3N34 and 2N75 the trails were rated black diamond.

I saw a another wj out there also, that was nice.

Sorry no pictures. =(

Merlin.

Comment

Too bad that you didn't get pics! But regardless, it sounds like you had a great time. The trails you chose are some good ones. Keep wheelin'! I hope that we can run some trails together some time.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
                    I must mention that except for 3N34 and 2N75 the trails were rated black diamond.
                    3N34, 2N75 and 2N25 get graded once a year. The conditions may change, but they are not allowed to degrade to black diamond trails.

3N34X, 2N28Y and 2N29Y have DVR signage as blue squares.

The bypass on 2N28Y
                    Last edited by FishPOET; 03-26-07, 11:04 AM. Reason: spelling
                    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

thats nice to know. i remember seeing that bypass sign on 2N28Y. i didn't take it though. next time...

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X