Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrego

I tagged behind Fishpoets group running the Pynion. Always fun watching a group which hasnt done this run. The desert was really crowded. Lots of groups out having fun. Weather was 90's. Riverside 4 wheelers had a big group . they certainly had some fun at the drop off. They caught up to us at Sandstone and was going up Sandstone into the rocks. We hit the small wash leading out of fishcreek heading to the diablo drop off boy was it crowded. Everyone and there mother was out!

Anyway heres the pics I did.

http://britain.connectnet.com/Photog...307/index.html
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

who tumbled the rubi?
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Ouch. Looks like a couple of rolls...
      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

I'm not the only one wondering what happened!?! It looks like everybody is OK... is everyone OK? Please let us know what happened!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

It was an old roll of 4 years ago..no one was hurt. I told the group Id post it.
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

Saturday

Stephan and Sonja in their Black XJ, Bill in his Silver TJ, Vern in his Red TJ and me and my “Black Pearl” met at Pinyon Mountain Rd Trailhead at 9am on Saturday. We made our way over to “The Squeeze”

The mirrors on the “Black Pearl” don’t stay folded in, and they both scraped on the rock walls. I made it through, but I left a little paint on the rocks.

Bill and his open diffs had some traction troubles, but he found a good line and made it up.

Onward to Sandstone Canyon for lunch.

Leaving Sandstone Canyon we made our way to Fish Creek Wash. We had to wait for a few vehicles to come out of the narrow canyon before we headed in and then made our way over to the “Diablo Drop Off”. At the top of the “Diablo Drop Off” we said our good-byes to Vern and headed towards Carrizo Creek. We found the water/mud we had seen in the pictures. And it was stinky salty/sulfur water. With a very narrow trail that had tough brambles on both sides. Stephan & Sonja lead the way and about ¼ mile in we found a Chevy 1500 stuck in a deep pool of water/mud. We drove around and continued on. I was busy concentrating on not getting stuck and I did not get any pictures of our trip down Carrizo Creek. I think Stephan did though. This is a pic of us at the end of the road at the old Carrizo Stage Stop.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

1/2 Sunday

We headed out Vallecito Creek over to S2 and then on to camp around 6:15pm. Ben was in camp waiting for us and we all combined our food and had potluck dinner. In bed at 9pm after a very long day. Temps were in the low 90’s most of the day under bright blue skies with 10mph winds.

Sunday morning we broke camp and were on the trail at 9:15am (even with springing forward) heading for Arroyo Tapiado and the mud caves. We made a quick stop for pictures at Hollywood and Vine.

Our first stop was the “Peanut Gallery”

Ben in a very narrow side channel.

Then it was on to the “Big Mud Cave” This is the entrance.

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

More Sunday

Ben was sent in first to check out just how tight the squeeze was.

I was next.

Followed by Sonja.

With Stephan up on top watching.

After finding the geocache I came out head first.

On the way out Stephan spotted this little guy.

We ate lunch in Arroyo Tapiado. After lunch it was back down Vallecito Creek to S2 and up to Oriflamme Canyon. We followed Oriflamme Canyon to Banner and headed up Banner Canyon to Julian. Julian was packed so we stopped for pie in Santa Ysabel at the Julian Pie Company.

Temps were once again in the 90s in Anza Borrego and the sky was blue with no clouds and winds were 10mph or less. A fabulous weekend in the desert. Thanks to Stephan and Sonja for putting the trip together and thanks to Vern for his valuable guidance.

I'll post the links when Bill and Stephan get their pictures uploaded.

Comment

Looks like you guys had a lot o fun out there! That swamp actually if you had time to explore has a stage stop sign in it.

Those mud mud muud caves are pretty cool but dangerous , those dirt caves crumble in constantly!

Next time down I can show you some other cool stuff.

I lik that mud sign!
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos Britain and FishPOET!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

that was cool and looked like allot of fun thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                      X