Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holcomb Creek Trail Loop?

Hi y'all,

I am new here so maybe this has been discussed already, but I am looking for some info on the trail up Holcomb Creek.

Is it still possible to do a loop route starting on 3N16 going up Holcomb Creek (3N93?) taking the left onto 2N06X and then meeting back up with 3N16 to make a nice loop?

It looks like this route is missing from my map and I am wondering if it is still travelled.

Thanks!

You can, but you'll be missing some of the best parts of 3N93 as 2N06X (Lower Larga Flats Trail) cuts off 3N93 well before it's East end (at 3N14)
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/maps/holcomb.php
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Yeah - what Doug said!
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

and http://myjeeprocks.com/reports/categ...mb-creek-3n93/
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by edevart View Post
            Hi y'all,
            Is it still possible to do a loop route starting on 3N16 going up Holcomb Creek (3N93?) taking the left onto 2N06X and then meeting back up with 3N16 to make a nice loop?
            I have to agree with the other folks that you would be missing out on the rest of a great trail, BUT I also really like Lower Larga. It has some fun spots like this:

Going down is fine but I like the climb up from 3N16 better. You could then turn right and go through the two rock gardens on Holcomb Creek. Hmmm... I like the thought of this! I might have to make a point to do this some time soon.

Regardless, the answer to your question is: YES. You can still do this loop. 2N06X is still open. Maybe we will cross each other's path there some day.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X