Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truckhaven and Pinyon Mtn

On the day before the Cleghorn run, Cherokee People, Max7, and I decided to make a run down to the Anza-Borrego area. The first area we checked out was near Truckhaven. The area was fairly empty. We never passed another vehicle, but we saw several from on top of the plateaus.
    The trails were clean and in good condition.

Sharon drove Mr. Green half the time and I drove the other half:

The recent rains had made the Ocotillos bloom:

Afterward, we stopped by the Slot while waiting for our friend Deanna to come up from Glamis:

Then we ran the length of Pinyon Mountain and Sharon drove the Squeeze:

Maxwell takes a tough line in the Rock Garden:

Sharon takes on Heart Attack Hill:

I decided to climb the hill:

And so did Maxwell:

Afterward we made our way through the rock garden at the bottom of the Diablo Drop-Off and then climbed the Drop-Off in the dark. We made our way back down again and made the long trek back to pavement in Fish Creek Wash. The trails were clean and maintained. It was a long day, but a really good time.

If you are interested in all the photos, check out this link:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...rrego/?start=0
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Outstanding!! Did you find you needed the locker to climb Heart attack?
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
      Outstanding!! Did you find you needed the locker to climb Heart attack?
      No. I climbed the rocky side (right side) and then went back down it. Maxwell went up the left side (as you approach from the top) and had a bit of a challenge at the top. I don't know if he used his lockers or not.

I thought about calling you but I figured that it would only frustrate you since you are nursing your back to full health. I hope that you are better!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Great pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing! I need to get a little bit of a lift, and some bigger tires, but most importantly, go wheeling more often!!!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Those are some great wheeling pics! Thank you for the pics and report.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Great pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing! I need to get a little bit of a lift, and some bigger tires, but most importantly, go wheeling more often!!!
            Actually, I think that your 30" tires and quick disco's are enough for you to do Pinyon Mtn. It is really only 4 (very cool) obstacles. Haven't you run this trail before? If not, FishPoet's run coming up would be a great opportunity. Anza-Borrego has some great stuff!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              Actually, I think that your 30" tires and quick disco's are enough for you to do Pinyon Mtn. It is really only 4 (very cool) obstacles. Haven't you run this trail before? If not, FishPoet's run coming up would be a great opportunity. Anza-Borrego has some great stuff!
              No-can-do this weekend... sorry Doug, nothing personal! I already have plans this weekend! Maybe we should try and get a run planned for Borrego soon! I'd like to do Pinyon Mtn. Everybody's pictures look really great!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                No-can-do this weekend... sorry Doug, nothing personal! I already have plans this weekend! Maybe we should try and get a run planned for Borrego soon! I'd like to do Pinyon Mtn. Everybody's pictures look really great!
                Hey that sounds good to me. I like the A-B area and I am jazzed to go run the Carrizo Creek area now. We should talk Joy into to coming out too. She might even let Bob O come along if we ask nicely! :wink:

[/COLOR]

Comment

...We should talk Joy into to coming out too. She might even let Bob O come along if we ask nicely! :wink:
                  Haha, let's only hope!

Comment

looks hella fun! thanks for sharing.
                    Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Hey that sounds good to me. I like the A-B area and I am jazzed to go run the Carrizo Creek area now. We should talk Joy into to coming out too. She might even let Bob O come along if we ask nicely! :wink:
                      Well.....Joy liked the wine bottle idea.

Keep in touch. Loved your pictures. I wanna GO!!!!
                      Joy keeps muttering about money or something.
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Hey, with gas at $3 / gallon, I think are all feeling your pain. Maybe with enough bottles of wine, Joy won't notice! :wink:

We should try to do something down close to you. Pick a trail and tell us where to meet you.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X