X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego

We will be camping at Vallecito Regional Park
    http://www.co.san-diego.ca.us/parks/...vallecito.html

We will be exploring Pinyon Mtn Rd, The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, Diablo Drop, Sandstone Canyon, Carrizo Creek, Mud Caves and Hollywood & Vine.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/638/files/ABDSPmap.pdf
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

I'd love to go with you, but I have committed to a Saturday evening event that would make it tough to get down there and back in time. Too bad though! You are planning to hit all my favorite stuff in the area. Plus, now that I have seen the photos from Roberto Miranda, I really want to check out Carrizo Creek!

I look forward to seeing your Trail Report. Be careful on the Pinyon Mtn rock garden; we saw an abundance of broken safety glass around the big rock that juts out over the trail.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

I'll be there, I made my campsite reservations this morning.

Comment

Let me know when and what time you will do the Pynion. If I'm free I may join up

Thanks
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

We are meting at Pinyon Mt Rd and S2 at 9am. From there we will head East through the Squeeze, down Heart Attack Hill, southeast through Hapaha Flat, a short side trip up Santdstone Canyon, South up Diablo Dropoff, East on Carrizo Creek until the road ends, West to Arroyo Tapiado and North to the mud caves, South to the old Overland Stage Route, West to Hollywood & Vine and finish on S2 near Agua Caliente Springs.

The trail leader did not list a CB channel, but we always use either 4 or 31.
          We will be taking a few short walks (nothing more than a few hundred feet). We take breaks to take pictures. We eat lunch on the trail. We will be on pavement before dark.

Sunday we will be leaving camp at 9am through Oriflamme and Rodriguez Canyons to Banner then on to Julian then home.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I thought perhaps I'd join you guys out there, but the wife doesn't want to spend all day in the jeep, and I said I'd take her to the spa in borrego springs for lunch. if any of you want to hit something more challenging, I'll be around the North endd of truckhaven on channel 31.
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Think I'll join up. Weekend weather looks warm mid 90's. Be a good day to do a relaxing run snap some pix's. May pull out around the trail which either goes Diablo canyon or Muuud caves...got some ole bones to check in on...oh check on the gate at Banner bout a year ago it had a lock on it....
              Last edited by Britain; 03-08-07, 08:36 PM.
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                Think I'll join up. Weekend weather looks warm mid 90's. Be a good day to do a relaxing run snap some pix's. May pull out around the trail which either goes Diablo canyon or Muuud caves...got some ole bones to check in on...oh check on the gate at Banner bout a year ago it had a lock on it....
                I went through the banner gate a month or so ago, closed but no lock.
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                  I'd love to go with you, but I have committed to a Saturday evening event that would make it tough to get down there and back in time. Too bad though! You are planning to hit all my favorite stuff in the area. Plus, now that I have seen the photos from Roberto Miranda, I really want to check out Carrizo Creek!

I look forward to seeing your Trail Report. Be careful on the Pinyon Mtn rock garden; we saw an abundance of broken safety glass around the big rock that juts out over the trail.
                  Now Mike,
                  Thats a funny way to change the oil. (Avatar) Not sure if you can get an accurate reading on the dip stick. You need to check with 'FreewayDan'. Now he knows how to 'air up' a jeep, so you can properly change the engine oil.
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                    I thought perhaps I'd join you guys out there, but the wife doesn't want to spend all day in the jeep, and I said I'd take her to the spa in borrego springs for lunch. if any of you want to hit something more challenging, I'll be around the North endd of truckhaven on channel 31.
                    Do any stuff in Mexico? Got a canyon which is proving to be PITA. No V notch stuff only rocky boulder stuff.
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Working...
                    X