Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego - 02/07 pics

Hello guys, please enjoy the pictures of the last trip to Anza Borrego...have fun

When I'm done with the trail report, they will be also availables at www.yopo4x4.com

Roberto

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

That yellow "off road evolution" Jeep is SWEET! Def one of the coolest ive seen yet.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

What a grand adventure! Thanks for sharing the incredible photos and trip report. I only recognized a few of the locations. What were some of the trails you were on?
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

to be honest, I'm not good with trails names yet...I'm still working to remember people's names...but I captured some of them with pictures to remember it...

Roberto

Comment

Outstanding. You have some amazing trips. Ok... I'm jealous.
          Thanks for sharing.

BobO
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Great pics! And some areas that I haven't been to yet! Now I'm excited!

Okay, so maybe you don't know the names of the trails, but can you tell us how to get to this spot?

I have never seen this trail. What area is it in? Anza-Borrego is huge (600k acres) can you at least tell us what you were near?
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Great pictures- makes me want to return to Anza again.

Comment

Looks like the south approach of Coyote Creek. There is a nice little rock garden that is fun to putt-putt around in a little north of the creek. The Missus and I went there in Spring 2005 which was a great year for wildflowers. This year looks to be a bust as it has been too dry.

Great pictures! Obviously everyone had lots of fun judging by the grins!

BTW, that is the newest looking tow strap I have seen in a LONG time!
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                  I have never seen this trail. What area is it in? Anza-Borrego is huge (600k acres) can you at least tell us what you were near?
                  This is just a guess. From the research I did it looks like Carrizo Creek near the old Carrizo Stage Station

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

yes, that's the place...I'm not 100% sure, but I guess that we were at sheep camp that day...and that's the trail...

Comment

Cool! I'm guessing by the name on the sign, that this is the trail that the Park map calls South Carrizo Creek? If so, it would put it near the Diablo Drop-Off and the Mud Caves. Does that sound right FishPOET?
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Great pixs

Very fun pictures and looks like a good group to wheel with! Anyone who cooks on the trail like that is bound to be good company. I saw pictures from Coyote Creek, Diablo Dropoff, Carrizo Creek, Carrizo Canyon and I think Pumpkin Patch over at Ocotillo Wells. Looks like it was a good fun time.
                        2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
                        4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                          Cool! I'm guessing by the name on the sign, that this is the trail that the Park map calls South Carrizo Creek? If so, it would put it near the Diablo Drop-Off and the Mud Caves. Does that sound right FishPOET?
                          I think you are correct.

I am assuming that sign and those pics are in Carrizo Creek Wash where it dead ends at the Closed Area.

Comment

Great photos. Throughly enjoyed that. And hey, a Rover in the mix! :-)
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                            X