Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteeevO,

Heartbreak Ridge trail (2N61Y) heads south from 2N02 about 8-9 miles e/o Baldwin Lake or within 1-2 miles of the top (south end) of Rattlesnake Canyon. I belive the coordinates are:
    34 13 53.25N 116 39 29.23W @ 6000ft. I have not run this trail but everyone who has says it is a fun run and is a perfect combo to add with Rattlesnake.

Comment

Mike,

I've heard that "Pipes Canyon" is closed and that a conservatory group had purchased the land and had it gated on both ends. I have read this in one of my trail books as well read it on an older post on this site. I'll try to find the info when I get some time. Just a heads up.

Comment

Hey Mitch, I ran Pipes Canyon about three months after that was posted. FishPOET invited me and some other folks to go explore it. The thread is here:
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t=pipes+canyon

You are correct. The greenies bought up all the land from the pavement to the USFS boundary. Luckily, the USFS has left this trail open to that boundary. There is a great camp site slightly up-hill from the incredibly ugly and out of place gate that they threw up to keep folks from enjoying the beautiful countryside.

There are great views along the trail. The USFS rates this trail as Black Diamond, but I would say that it is actually moderate. Other than some tilty spots, the trail is no tougher than the main route through Rattlesnake Canyon.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X