Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls Day Out - Dishpan!

So what do you do to kill time before the Super Bowl starts? Duh! Go Jeeping of course!

My wife, Sharon, and Jake's wife, Mandy (Cherokee People), decided to take on Dishpan Springs before the Big Game started. Jake and I rode along for fun and for spotting. We would have had one more, Deanna, but Life interferred. At least she made it up to Blue Jay before the game started.

We started at the Pinnacles Staging area and headed out on the Willow Creek Jeep Trail (3N34). The alternate and Moderate trail of 3N34X is a great way to start out from the Staging Area, so we took that trail to start. Willow Creek is deep this time of year and still has ice chunks despite the 65 degree temperature. We took 2N29Y, which has been upgraded to black diamond in the last year, over to 2N28Y which is a moderate but fun trail.

Once you cross 2N25, you can take another black diamond trail, 2N27Y to the area close to the Deep Creek Bridge.

You end up back on 3N34 to cross Deep Creek and to continue on the Dishpan Springs trail. Until now all the trails had been pretty dry and ice free. But the first hill up Dishpan had a shallow layer of ice in the area leading up to the first steep climb.

I like that first climb and both Mandy and Sharon made it look easy.

We traveled on through the fun trail until we reached the climb to the infamous rock waterfall. There we started to find unmelted snow.

Both of the ladies let Jake and I drive up the face of the dry waterfall. We had always gone to the left, so it was nice of them to let us try the straight up path.

A guy in an Isuzu Trooper was following us, and had some trouble getting up the falls. We stacked rocks for him for a while, but finally had to strap him out of the icey rocks.

Afterwards, the trail had much more snow remaining on it. There was nothing that Sharon and Mandy had any trouble on though. It was a really fun run and we got to play in the mud and snow on the trip back to the pavement on 3N16. Even though I drove very little on the this trip, it was a great run. Too bad da Bears didn't win though!

See the rest of the photos here:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...hpan%202-4-07/
    Last edited by Mike; 02-05-07, 08:05 AM.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Awesome photos and a great trip report.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

wow...nice pictures. Right up the middle huh? Sounds like locker territory to me.
      Go Colts!!
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        wow...nice pictures. Right up the middle huh? Sounds like locker territory to me.
        Go Colts!!
        I kicked on my rear locker before I started up because Jake had trouble climbing up. He took a hard line (Big Surprise, huh?) I picked a steeper line but with more traction. I'm not sure that it would be needed if it wasn't so wet and icey.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice writeup and great pics. Hopefully we'll get some more green back to the trail come spring. Yeehaw Colts!!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Girl's Day at Dishpan Springs

Thanks for posting the pictures Mike. When the trail dries up in the spring, Sharon and I will drive the rest of the trail. Thanks for the fun jeepin and Super Bowl afterwards....still sucks about the Bears.

Comment

sweet i like cherokee people. nice pics//Kevin

Comment

man I'll wheel with you Ladies anyday! awesome pics and nice trail. Need to add that to my list of trails I NEED to do
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I sure wish all these awesome looking trails were closer to me!! lol. thanks for sharing. I gotta go wheelin soon.........
                  Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

I wish we had trails like that...if you're not running at least 33's, and a rear locker, than ALL the ORV trails around here are too hard for you. Makes me mad that there is nowhere to wheel my baby...
                    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

Nice Hawk!!!

Originally posted by Cherokee People View Post
                      Thanks for posting the pictures Mike. When the trail dries up in the spring, Sharon and I will drive the rest of the trail. Thanks for the fun jeepin and Super Bowl afterwards....still sucks about the Bears.
                      Dude... Jake that is an awesome Hawk!!! I don't know what I was thinking I should have come up and wheeled. I kinda got carried away with the Super Bowl Hoo Ha... Nice photos, awesome trail, wish I was there with you all! Looks like you guys had a blast!
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Cool trip photos!

Hey Mike, Those are some awesome photos especially at the waterfall, nice to see some snow, huh?
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

LOL I did a mo hawk for super bowl too!!
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah the snow was fun! It also helps to clean off the muck after stacking rocks. I'm still not as good at it as you are, but we almost got the guy in the Trooper over the falls without a tug.

[/COLOR]

Comment

The mohawk was gone after the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X