This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy Wheels!! Sunday 2/25/07

I've been off the dirt for far too long, and my work schedule makes it hard to plan ahead. So, the new schedule is out and I have Sunday 2/25 off.

Anyone else wanna go?
    Anyone wanna volunteer to be Trail Leader? (I don't know the area)

Meet at the trail, just off the 15 at 10 am.

[roll]325[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 02-24-07, 03:56 PM.
    Some girls like it rough!

I might be interested in running that since I have that day off as well. How would you rate the trail and how far is it from Los Angeles?
    My WJ -

Comment

Originally posted by cat View Post
      I've been off the dirt for far too long, and my work schedule makes it hard to plan ahead. So, the new schedule is out and I have Sunday 2/25 off.

Anyone else wanna go?
      Anyone wanna volunteer to be Trail Leader? (I don't know the area)

Meet at the trail, just off the 15 at 10 am.
      I was gonna tell you that there is a cure for those itchy wheels but it looks like you found it Have fun.
      Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpjet View Post
        I might be interested in running that since I have that day off as well. How would you rate the trail and how far is it from Los Angeles?
        If you are referring to the trail from Cleghorn offramp on the 15 over to Silverwood Lake, it is located at the bottom of Cajon Grade (maybe 40 miles from downtown LA). As for rating the trail, I would rate it "Easy." However, there are a great number of short cut-offs that loop back onto the main trail. These vary greatly in difficulty and can provide some fun challenges. Nothing to difficult though, and no rocks. However, a fun trail especially if there is snow. Great views dropping into Silverwood Lake. Lot's of trail options in the area after running Cleghorn, or a short drive up to Crestline for burgers and other runs. If 'n my Jeep is fixed, I will go.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

It takes me about one hour from Canyon Country to Cleghorn. Just go up the 14 to the 138 and out Palmdale Blvd to the 15,The Mc Donalds is right there.It is a great trail have fun.
          moon buggy
          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Careful I Was Reading That There Patroling Up There And All The Side Trails Are Illegal To Drive On And If They See You Off The Trail Its A Ticket, That Means All The Fun Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
              Careful I Was Reading That There Patroling Up There And All The Side Trails Are Illegal To Drive On And If They See You Off The Trail Its A Ticket, That Means All The Fun Parts.
              They have always patrolled up there. In the 5 years that I was active with the volunteer program I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for using existing bypasses on Cleghorn, or for that matter anywhere in the SBNF. Anyone caught burning in a new bypass will be ticketed. The volunteers spent many hours blocking and slashing illegal bypasses all over the forest, but the bypasses on Baldy Mesa (which are now signed as useable routes, unfortunately for us Jeepers they are 50" routes) and Cleghorn were always were always accepted as routes. I have been out of the loop for a couple of months now, maybe Jeff can chime in with current info if it has changed.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I come W. Los Angeles... its 90 miles to Victumville, er Victorville, so its just over 60 miles to the Cleghorn exit on the 15 North. I've never been on this trail... but I have a trail book! :-)

Comment

I sort of cut my "Jeeping teeth" on this trail. The trail (2N47) is easy. I passed a Honda Accord on it once. But the side road varies from easy to difficult. My first paint rash was on one of the hardest parts of this trail. The side road is an official designated trail (X2W47), so there should be no problem from the Rangers as long as no new paths are cut. Cutting new paths will be tough on most of the side trails because the path is in a gully as often than not.

I really like this trail. I am planning to join you on the 25th. I'm close by, so 10am let's me sleep in! :wink: I have some photos but they are from last year. The trail changes a little everytime I have been on it. I will post them later today.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Cleghorn changes everytime you run it. Ask Virgin Air, he knows!! You just going to run Cleg, or is this a Dishpan, Holcome thing? Tri-fecta? as Bob put it? If it is 10 may be a bit late in the start time

I may be in for this run as well, the itch is spreading.....rat your next!
                    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                      Cleghorn changes everytime you run it. Ask Virgin Air, he knows!! You just going to run Cleg, or is this a Dishpan, Holcome thing? Tri-fecta? as Bob put it? If it is 10 may be a bit late in the start time

I may be in for this run as well, the itch is spreading.....rat your next!
                      we can play it loose... tag on another trail if we have the time. I work nights so any earlier than 10 am is too rough for me ;-)

Comment

As promised, here are a few photos of the Cleghorn Trail. These are not the best stuff, it is just some old photos that I have:

Optional Play area:

First hill on the side trail:

Typical Terrain:

The big rock had been moved out of the way the last time I traveled this way:

There are tougher and funner things than this on the trail.
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                          It takes me about one hour from Canyon Country to Cleghorn. Just go up the 14 to the 138 and out Palmdale Blvd to the 15,The Mc Donalds is right there.It is a great trail have fun.
                          The place you found your new name! Whats up dude!!
                          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                            The place you found your new name! Whats up dude!!
                            I have plans that weekend, otherwise i would be there. i love that trail. Just like posted it always changes. Have a good time there guys
                            moon buggy
                            5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Sweet pics. Now I'm itching too.At this rate I'll never get my 8.8 installed.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X