Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Mtn & Little Bear

So after posting and encouraging everyone to do trail reports on Gold Mtn, I thought that it should only be appropriate that I find time to make a run. I had to meet someone in the afternoon, so Sharon and I met Jake (Cherokee People) at the Gold Mtn trailhead for a short morning run.

We had some fun on the climb to the rockgarden:

On the way up, Jake stalled out while playing around on the rocks in 2WD and it took a few minutes to get going again. But soon we were at the rock garden. My wife, Sharon, drove through the garden first, and then we all played on the rocks for a while:

We then went looking for the side trail that goes around the rock garden. If they are going to close the area, I wanted to see what the alternative looks like. It's not a challenging trail, but it has a great view of the lake:

Afterward, we ran the East side of John Bull over to 3N32. There we ran into some nicely equipmented rigs starting up the tougher part of the trail. They were taking some nice extreme lines that were great to watch. Unfortunately, I was too locked into watching to remember to take photos! Since they were playing, and I had a meeting, we did a baja-like run through the mud and snow over to Little Bear and the MJR trail.

Jake's AT tires took him up the icey trail to the top easily, but my MTs started spinning badly. I got sideways on the trail before I could get to the dirt again. My rear locker was on but I kept spinning in the ice and dirt. I need those front lockers!

With a tug from Jake, I made it up. Great views at the top:

See all the photos here:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...%20Lil%20Bear/
    Last edited by Mike; 01-30-07, 06:31 AM. Reason: Added PhotoBucket link
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

where is that pole with all the signs on it?
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Matt, it's at the 'staging area' for Little Bear Peak.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great pics Mike! Hope you enjoyed the trail.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

That pole was built and erected by our very own MJR Adopt A Trail Crew in commemoration of our adoption of Little Bear Peak 2n84.

We are proud of our little accomplishment up there, and it has been blessed by the Forest Service.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Mike, the main trail for 3N69 was to your left as you entered the 3N69A rock garden.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

looks like a lot of fun, sure would love to go there some day!
              Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Then you should go!

Gold Mountain is "doable" with a bit of ground clearance and 1 locker.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
                  where is that pole with all the signs on it?
                  It's at the top of 2N84A, off of 3N12. The intersection of 3N12 and 3N14 is near the spot where Holcomb Creek Trail meets 3N14. I hope that helps.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                    It's at the top of 2N84A, off of 3N12. The intersection of 3N12 and 3N14 is near the spot where Holcomb Creek Trail meets 3N14. I hope that helps.
                    it's right after yellow post 5 !
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Not fair. I wanna go jeepn too. Just like Mike.
                      great pictures. Actually, I just get all green, like 'Mr. Green'.
                      My life is just tooo busy. Need to shuck some of these here responsibilities and set my priorities so I can be 'just like Mike'.

Good job,
                      Thanks for the pictures, it does bring lots of smiles to the face.
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                      X