Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Gulch

Good Run today with Mike and Sharon, Jacob and Mandy, Maxwell, Robert and Wendy.
    Ran what we think was Nightmare Gulch, can down Last Chance Canyon and finished off with Goler. Well Done!! Mike our fearless leader. Leadership skills in finding trails as good as rat can. (thought you'd like that rat, see ....your not alone)
    Here's link to all the pictures we took.
    http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...tmare%20gulch/

Here's the native wildlife of the area

The frozen stream crossing, (same place as Guardian's photo)

and of course the poser shot

Mike and Sharon and "Mr. Green"

Jacob and Mandy. (Jacob could be a stand in for 'Larry the cable guy')

Max. (I dont think there is anything that boy won't try)

And a nice Rubicon with a sweet lift driven by Wendy.

Thanks guys, we had great fun! I liked the challenging wash at the of the day the best.
    Bob/Joy
    Last edited by Mtbikbob; 01-21-07, 09:52 AM. Reason: Add some info
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Where is this area at?

Comment

Off the I-14, north of the 58 and just before 395. Mike will have better directions, when he posts. Scenic, play area.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

cool pics bob im def gonna have to start traveling a bit, see some other trails.//Kevin

Comment

I always knew you were a poser...

Bob, why did you not tell me you are free and wheelin' again? I'm hurt! Where's the luv, mi amigo???

Great pics. I think I may run that next weekend with the guys from the original post. Depends on lots of things fallin into place.
          Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Mike our fearless leader. Leadership skills in finding trails as good as rat can. (thought you'd like that rat, see ....your not alone)

Does Mike know this might just be an insult???

Rat

Comment

Great pics Bob! It was a great time. I liked the last mine trail too. We have to go back earlier in the day and see how far we can get.

As for poser... I like this in Goler Gulch the best
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Mike our fearless leader. Leadership skills in finding trails as good as rat can. (thought you'd like that rat, see ....your not alone)

Does Mike know this might just be an insult???

Rat
                Ahhh its all for chuckles. We were not sure what trail we were on till the end of the day and did a loop to find it.....sound familiar?
                Its all good, anything off pavement is an excellent time. Now that you've called me out....I am goin to have to admit, crying like a baby and shakn like a leaf going some of the places Mike took us. And of course pictures just doesn't do justice.
                Like in this pic... this is steep and long.

or this one, very steep medium lenght.

and just when the trail gets really interesting... no locker Bob can't make it up.....lucky me, the day was over, we were losing daylight fast.

Yeah, poser bob....check this out
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

More Photos!

As Bob said, it was a good day of wheelin'. We started at Nightmare Gulch and then found a great trail to Last Chance. After Mawell, and Jake & Mandy conquered the V-Notch, we headed over to Goler Gulch and explored a couple of side paths. The last one as the kind of challenge that even Britain might be proud of.

I really liked the trail around the butte that lead over to Last Chance too. Bob defied gravity at one point:

and climbing up and down the butte was fun:

As for posing, I think that Maxell should get the prize for that! Sometimes I think it is that he just has a hard time finding a parking place:

We did have a nut come off of Wendy's control arm. Thanks to everyone for helping to get her going again. The "Guy"-lift was funny as well as effective:

The rest of our photos can be found here:
                  http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...tmare%20Gulch/
                  http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...Goler%20Gulch/

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                    Off the I-14, north of the 58 and just before 395. Mike will have better directions, when he posts. Scenic, play area.
                    If you want do this before July, you will need to go before Feb 1. The trail is closed to allow a breeding area for birds of prey.

Going North from Mojave on the 14, start looking for the entrance on the right side after you pass the Ricardo Campground and Visitor Center in Red Rock Canyon State Park. It's probably a mile or two past it. The photo from Guadian's post helped a lot. The trail up from the road looks like this:

After you top the hill, there will be a T intersection with a sign pointing to the right that says Scenic Canyon. Go Right. Follow the trail for a little way until you see signs that say "Nesting Area for Birds of Prey". Turn left into this area. If you miss it you will end up on a trail that passes under the 14.

The trail comes out of Nightmare Gulch near the Butte that we climbed around on. The trail ends at a point where you can go straight down hill to Last Chance, or you can go left or right on a ridge trail. If you go right, look for a trail that drops off steeply to the left. After dropping off this hill, go left (downhill) on a fun trail that ends in Last Chance canyon.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope that this helps.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                      If you want do this before July, you will need to go before Feb 1. The trail is closed to allow a breeding area for birds of prey.

Going North from Mojave on the 14, start looking for the entrance on the right side after you pass the Ricardo Campground and Visitor Center in Red Rock Canyon State Park. It's probably a mile or two past it. The photo from Guadian's post helped a lot. The trail up from the road looks like this:

After you top the hill, there will be a T intersection with a sign pointing to the right that says Scenic Canyon. Go Right. Follow the trail for a little way until you see signs that say "Nesting Area for Birds of Prey". Turn left into this area. If you miss it you will end up on a trail that passes under the 14.

The trail comes out of Nightmare Gulch near the Butte that we climbed around on. The trail ends at a point where you can go straight down hill to Last Chance, or you can go left or right on a ridge trail. If you go right, look for a trail that drops off steeply to the left. After dropping off this hill, go left (downhill) on a fun trail that ends in Last Chance canyon.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope that this helps.
                      Thanks my man, great info. We're going next weekend, I look forward to following in your tracks...
                      Kurt

Comment

I am Glad there was no carnage Looking Forward to running the trail next week also
                        2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                          I am Glad there was no carnage Looking Forward to running the trail next week also
                          Well, actually, besides the nut coming off the control arm, we did have a little carnage. But it was not a necessary part of the run. Jake, Maxwell and I added a new rock rash trying to squeeze through an optional obstacle on Nightmare. And Jake and Maxwell had some minor damage to paint and bumpers from the V-notch. It was all pretty much self-inflicted since these spots can be by-passed.

[/COLOR]

Comment

looks more like you had two nuts coming on to the control arm.

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

LOL! Yeah, maybe not the brightest idea, but it worked. :haha:

So did Santa bring you the driveshafts that you always wanted? Are we gonna see you on the trails soon?:dunno:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X