Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland National Forest

3 Cherokees met at Penny Pines at 9am and we were greeted by 33° on the thermometer. We started our climb high into the Cleveland National Forest on Main Divide. The views were outstanding all day long. From Santiago Peak we could see Dana Point, San Clemente Island and Palos Verdes Peninsula, Mt Wilson and Mt. Baldy, Banning and San Jacinto Peak. Near the top of Santiago Peak we encountered an amazing Ice Forest.

All the roads in the Trabuco District are all open and graded and 2wd accessible.

Temperatures on top were 33° and in the high 30s most of the day. It was cold and clear and a great day on the trail.

More photos can be seen at http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Main%20Divide/
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Nice Fish! You go on some pretty cool adventures...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Cool pics, don't see ones like that often
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Cleveland

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        Nice Fish! You go on some pretty cool adventures...
        Now your talking my old stomping grounds. I have been all over that place like there is no tomarrow. In fact, I STILL have keys for a lot of the gates up there...MATT
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
        X