Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock TJ Wrangler conquers John Bull

Well the boy got his stock Wrangler up and over John Bull today, going East to West with just one tug from yours truly. I cut the trail for him and we were the first ones over John Bull in the snow. Hey Rock rat was calling for you guys to come join us but got no reply. Figures it was you tracks leading up to the Bull, and then you decided not to do it? Anyhow we had a good time, then headed into Fawnskin for dinner. See you guys out there.

[quote=1 Bad F N Z;70512]. Hey Rock rat was calling for you guys to come join us but got no reply. Figures it was you tracks leading up to the Bull, and then you decided not to do it?
    Actually I did hear someone call out "is anybody out there", I responded but got no reply. Probably too far away to recieve.

We want Pictures!!!

No, we steered clear of JB yesterday. Just kind of a "no worries" putt around to take pictures with the new camera and teach Pam how to wheel in the snow. There was a group of jeeps and toyos that went tearing by us on 3N16, they headed toward JB so that might have been the trails you saw.

Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
      Well the boy got his stock Wrangler up and over John Bull today
      done that before. i'll bet it hurt. them rocks ain't small up on that hill.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Well it didn't hurt my Cruiser at all. but the boy was really lead footing it to keep up. Turns out that he bent his front lower control arms, dented his front bumper, and tore his rear license plate holder right out of the body, and popped his left rear tire off the bead. Oh and a lot of new rash on his wheels.
        Says now that it is time to get that lift that he wanted. It was rough up there, and with open axles he had to stay in it, and really drive that jeep.
        Sorry no pictures, rarely take my camera with me, and honestly, I don't know how to transfer them to this site.
        But I did leave my mark on the hill, going East to West, when we got to the first flat area on top, I drew iin the snow, 1 Bad F N Z - FJ-40 E - W

Comment

Glad you made it safe I figured that that bad a$$ cruizer could go any where my little jeep could. hehe. Next time we should all hookup and run togather.

Comment

We were trying to catch up to you, thought you were heading for the Bull. The kids were saying my half worn Super Swampers were slinging stuff everywhere. Got a new set sitting in the trailer waiting for there turn to go on. When I was crawling over the rocks on Vold mountain, mama was concern about the tires. I told her we have 4 siting and waiting there turn. LOL. I can imagine how much better those would have worked. We need another meet and greet like we had in Big Bear last summer, Kevin

Comment

I drew iin the snow, 1 Bad F N Z - FJ-40 E - W
              It's not written in yellow, is it?
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Turns out that he bent his front lower control arms, dented his front bumper, and tore his rear license plate holder right out of the body, and popped his left rear tire off the bead. Oh and a lot of new rash on his wheels.
                IMO that seems like an excessive amount of damage for a stock rig running JB. was this due to the snow conditions?
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Yeah the only way for him to get up in the snow was to hammer on it. I would have preferred that he didn't go up it, but it wasn't up to me to decide. Also the snow covers up alot of the rocks, so you can't see what your going over until you hit it. This is a stock vehicle with 30 inch tires, so not a lot of ground clearance.

Comment

This just goes to show you that JB is way overrated. It isn't the monster that people say.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                      This just goes to show you that JB is way overrated. It isn't the monster that people say.
                      And I'd guess the reason they say that is to keep lots of people from running it. But it sounds like some people are hell bent on shutting down alot of places we like to run, (see Truckhaven thread) so it may not matter in the end.
                      Rat
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X