This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Gulch Jan 27th

January 27th - (Nightmare Gulch) - I am running the Nightmare Gulch in Red Rock Canyon over to Last Chance Canyon. Meet at Primo Burger in Mojave at 8:00AM and leave at 9:00AM. Anyone wants join the fun just show up. I will have my CB on channel 5 and go by Guardian. guardian7@verizon.net
    The MOU with BLM provides for the road to be open to hiking the first through the 15th, then open to vehicular traffic the last half of each month, except for February 1 - June 30, when it is closed to all entry for the raptor nesting period. We respect this closure to ensure that the trail remains open to vehicles on its current basis.

ROLL CALL

These pictures don't show it but this Canyon is very challenging!
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/PB260047.jpg
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/PB260057.jpg
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/PB260106.jpg
    Last edited by JeepGal; 01-29-07, 03:47 PM.
    [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

I really want to go explore this trail, but I can't do it on the date posted. Could you tell me where the trailhead is for this? How do I find this canyon?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Now now Mike, dont go alone....you have to bring me with ya.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

im also curious about this run. where it is exactly? Alos how tough will the trail be? Im ready for some tricky stuff! Got my new winch I havnt had the pleasure of using yet, and spair axles ready to twist!
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

The Canyon is much harder than Last Chance and and requires a lot more spotting over large boulders and tight sqeezes, which means you will need assistance navigating your Rig. If you want to go on another date you will need to do it this weekend or next weekend because it will be closed come Feb 1st until July 1st by the BLM. Entrance is on the East side going North on 14 Fwy about 20 miles north of Mojave in Red Rock State Park area. Once you start up the trail you come to a T where you turn right toward Scenic Canyon.
          [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Guardian. Yeah, I went to the Red Rock Canyon State Park site today and saw the restrictions. Anyone who wants to run this one should take advantage of the trip that Guardian is putting together. It will be the Last Chance (pun intended) until July due to restricting the area for raptor nesting.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

so whos all doing this run? Depending on how this weekend goes (no critical damage) I might be interested in going. Just a lil far for a day trip

also are you going to do Nightmare Gulch and Last Chance? Thye both look pretty fun. I want to do this part!!
              Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 01-15-07, 11:50 PM.
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Looking forwarding on going we have 4 Jeeps coming in from Ventura with a few members of Pt Mugu 4X4.
                I will also post it at our shop Off Road Werkz in Ventura
                Let us know if you need anything.
                2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I'm in. See you in Mojave 8 AM.

I do not have a winch and my wench has to work that day.

Stever

Comment

Originally posted by stever View Post
                    I'm in. See you in Mojave 8 AM.

I do not have a winch and my wench has to work that day.

Stever
                    If I can make it I'll see you there. Looking foraward to it!

Kurt
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                      Looking forwarding on going we have 4 Jeeps coming in from Ventura with a few members of Pt Mugu 4X4.
                      I will also post it at our shop Off Road Werkz in Ventura
                      Let us know if you need anything.
                      LOL so are you that Blue Unlimited Rubicon that is always parked out front of your shop? I drove by the other day but have not been inside. Ill definitly have to check it out! I know a couple of people in the Pnt. Magu club. Tell Randy Vital he needs to come along with us. Also(i know off topic) But are you going to Truckhaven this weekend?

Comment

Was just there for New Years and had a blast just took the quads and sand rail left the Jeep in the Garage. And yes thats my blue Rubi.
                        Come by and introduce yourself any time and check out the shop.
                        Havent seen Randy since the club meeting in Dec.
                        Looking forward to the Run at Nightmare. Our club its looking to run the trail on Feb 10th but I forwarded the information on the closure to them.
                        Hope they read it.

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Sorry and no I am not going this weekend too many runs back to back Jeeps are not known for being aerodynamic. They just suck.... Gas that is! LOL

Comment

LOL some of your members at Pnt. Magu are sure nice guys :confused2

anyway yea gas does suck really bad but im still on Winter break from school and am trying to get in as much wheeling as possible before I have to make the jounrny back to SD. I'll definitly stop by your shop when I get a chance. thanks!

Comment

This thing is looking good. Might make it. Is there a spot to park tow rigs or is driving up there better?
                              Last edited by paulhead; 01-17-07, 10:52 PM.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X