Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is up for a 23 or 24 December ride?

Easy to difficult - we will decide when we get there and see the conditions, equipment and what everyone wants.

Stever

I'll be snowboarding on the 23rd at snow summit and our Christmas dinner is on the 24th with tons of family... if anybody wants to go for a ride, where shall I meet you and what CB channel will you be on? I probably won't come since I don't see family much, but if there's interest, I might take some passengers.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

hmmm ... not much response ...

I'll be off roading:
      23 December - Last Chance Canyon
      24 December - Gorman
      Last edited by stever; 12-21-06, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Well I'll be up there with you for the Last Chance Canyon run. I probably will not be able to make Gorman.
        My WJ -

Comment

Where at what time are you meeting for Last Chance? Maybe we'll tag along if that's OK.

Comment

23&24December

Originally posted by stever View Post
            Easy to difficult - we will decide when we get there and see the conditions, equipment and what everyone wants.

Stever
            How many party will be with you on 23 & 24?
            I will be sledgehammer on 23&24 with my freand total 2 people.
            Let me know if you still go last chance canyon I never been there,so
            I may change drection to yourside. However please let me know as soon as possible. please go to [rate my jeep] to see my jeep. <yoki's rocker>

Comment

We will be leaving from Santa Clarita around 7:30am traveling North on the 14. If you want to go, you can follow us up there since we will be passing Lancaster. We will be on channel 4. Let me know if you are going to go and we'll know to wait for you or meet you in Lancaster.

We should be making it up there around nine o'clock or so for anyone else that want to meet us up there.
              My WJ -

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpjet View Post
                We will be leaving from Santa Clarita around 7:30am traveling North on the 14. If you want to go, you can follow us up there since we will be passing Lancaster. We will be on channel 4. Let me know if you are going to go and we'll know to wait for you or meet you in Lancaster.

We should be making it up there around nine o'clock or so for anyone else that want to meet us up there.
                We were out wheeling the 19th and the 24th in Big Bear. We had a cabin rented in Lake arowhead and went both days. On the 19 we did gold mountian and it was easy with not much snow. On the 24th we went up dishpan spings ,over to holcomb creek. holcomb was pretty tough. Lots of snow and ice. Then we went up 3n16 all the way back round the mountian and it was a blast. lots of snow the whole way up. We even saw a bobcat go across the trail right in front of us...but he was way too quick for me to get a pic.
                anyway, I met some nice folks with right hand drive XJ's and TJ's just going into holcomb when we were about at the end. I hope they got of the trail before it froze over again.
                The last 2 days have been very warm up there and I'm pretty sure it will be mostly metled away by now.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

was it a grey xj, ifso it was Vince he just got off the plane from uk and wheelin already.///Kevin

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                  We were out wheeling the 19th and the 24th in Big Bear. We had a cabin rented in Lake arowhead and went both days. On the 19 we did gold mountian and it was easy with not much snow. On the 24th we went up dishpan spings ,over to holcomb creek. holcomb was pretty tough. Lots of snow and ice. Then we went up 3n16 all the way back round the mountian and it was a blast. lots of snow the whole way up. We even saw a bobcat go across the trail right in front of us...but he was way too quick for me to get a pic.
                  anyway, I met some nice folks with right hand drive XJ's and TJ's just going into holcomb when we were about at the end. I hope they got of the trail before it froze over again.
                  The last 2 days have been very warm up there and I'm pretty sure it will be mostly metled away by now.

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                    was it a grey xj, ifso it was Vince he just got off the plane from uk and wheelin already.///Kevin

it was indeed a silver colored XJ.
                    right behind him was a woman driving a right hand drive TJ. They were at the bottom of the hill at the water crossing when I got to the top of the hill. I backed up and let them pass. We chatted for a couple min and we both wnt our way.
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

:gun: alright where are the pics. I want to get out in the snow. Now that i have a winch I want to use it!
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Stever, have you done Nightmare Gulch with Last Chance Canyon?

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tmare%20Gulch/

Originally posted by stever View Post
                        hmmm ... not much response ...

I'll be off roading:
                        23 December - Last Chance Canyon
                        24 December - Gorman
                        Last edited by guardian7; 12-31-06, 10:26 PM.
                        [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by guardian7 View Post
                          Stever, have you done Nightmare Gulch with Last Chance Canyon?

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tmare%20Gulch/
                          Not yet, but that is probably a correctable defect.

Stever

Comment

Nightmare Gulch is probably the most scenic Canyon in the Mojave/Redrock area and is also a bit more challenging than Last Chance but combined makes for an awesome day run. Access is also limited by BLM to specific months due to Raptor nesting in the spring. There is a good write-up on it at www.hd4w.org
                            Last edited by guardian7; 12-31-06, 11:37 PM.
                            [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X