Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowher Flat

We started the morning with breakfast at the Halfway House. We went up Rowher Trail to Bouquet Canyon. West on Sierra Pelona to Falls Canyon. South in Falls Canyon to Texas Canyon. East in Texas Canyon back to the main staging area then on to Route 66 Diner for dinner and home. The weather was warm and sunny in the morning, cold and windy in the afternoon. No rain, but we did get some light drizzle in the afternoon.

Steel cross on Rowher Trail above Bouquet Canyon Reservoir.

Tyler on the playground on the Rowher Trail.

At the top where Rowher Trail, Lookout Trail and Sierra Pelona all meet.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

any other pictures? I live in Ventura and have always wanted to go out to this trail but am no exactly sure where it is. Is this trail worth going to? I heard its just a bunch of hill climbs. Any rocks or anything technical? thanks
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

It is worth trying. It's a fun trail.
      My WJ -

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
        any other pictures? I live in Ventura and have always wanted to go out to this trail but am no exactly sure where it is. Is this trail worth going to? I heard its just a bunch of hill climbs. Any rocks or anything technical? thanks
        I forgot my camera but two other sets of pics are posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teamper...7594416307417/
        and
        http://www.socal4x4geocachers.org/mo...bum.php&page=1

A map of the area

You won't find many rocks but there are plenty of hill climbs, off camber, ruts, steps, kickers and V-notches to test your technical skills.

Rowher Trail, Lookout Trail and the bypasses on Sierra Pelona are all black diamond trails.
        Last edited by FishPOET; 12-13-06, 06:19 AM.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
        X