• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still up for it, even if it snows!
    Built Not Bought
    1986 B2

Comment

Thanx for the air offer I was also thinking of Anglus Oaks for us Yucaipa boys coming up. Can't wait to finally meet everyone.

Comment

You will be between 7000' and 7400' on a North facing slope on Pontiac Sluice. Snow accumulates more heavily in the SBNF on the North facing slopes. With a large group you shouldn't have any problems, but be prepared and be smart.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
          You will be between 7000' and 7400' on a North facing slope on Pontiac Sluice. Snow accumulates more heavily in the SBNF on the North facing slopes. With a large group you shouldn't have any problems, but be prepared and be smart.

How do we get there? Any directions?

Thanks-
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

To get to the fire station just take the 330 up the mountain through running springs, head towards BB at the bridge theres a stop sign, go straight and then youll end up in fawnskin and you cant miss the firestation its on your left.

To get to the trail you take the 330 to the 38 and it will be on your left up aways...
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
              How do we get there? Any directions?

Thanks-

Up the hill on Hwy 38 from Mentone/Yucaipa.
              Right turn on 2N01 at waypoint 001 N34 12.441 W116 44.278
              Right turn on 2N61Y at waypoint 002 N34 14.615 W116 42.419
              Right turn on unmarked trail at waypoint 003 N34 13.440 W116 41.743

Format hddd mm.mmm WGS84 datum
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Approx. 800 feet before waypoint 003 there is a right turn on an unmarked road that will dead end at an old prospecting site. Unless you just want to look around you do not want this road.

Comment

Wow Fish you rock... Thanks for all the info.
                  -Allen
                  |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                    Approx. 800 feet before waypoint 003 there is a right turn on an unmarked road that will dead end at an old prospecting site. Unless you just want to look around you do not want this road.
                    Oh, ok. I know where the firestation is. I didnt know this was at BB
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

the trail is actually about a half hour from the fire station, ill be meeting you guys at the trail, mile post 41 at 2n01,

Comment

Big Bear Fire Station @ 8:30

I think im gonna take this run,.. ill know for sure tomarrow
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

This is a good run. Some friends and I have made this run resently. It can be done in a stock Wrangler with 31" tires (plus a good spotter). I know only because we did it with a friend that had these specs. He had to by-pass a few things, but in general, the trail has stuff to offer everyone.

For those going on the run, please pay attention to FishPoet's instructions because the turn to Ponitiac Sluice is a little confusing.

I also recommend that you look for 2N71Y off off 2N02 as well. It is a fun run in either direction, but from South to North is a more difficult direction and definitely worth the time to make the loop.
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Oh No The Other Ford Guy Is Feeelin The Itch To Go Just Maybe Will See.lol.

Comment

Ford Guy

Originally posted by tmkiowa18 View Post
                              Oh No The Other Ford Guy Is Feeelin The Itch To Go Just Maybe Will See.lol.
                              Well Tim, like it sez at the top of the post. Be there at 8:30 or your a YJ

"ITS A JEEP THING"
                              ______
                              [_____]
                              (olll|lllo)
                              []---o-[]

"YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND"
                              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                                This is a good run. Some friends and I have made this run resently. It can be done in a stock Wrangler with 31" tires (plus a good spotter). I know only because we did it with a friend that had these specs. He had to by-pass a few things, but in general, the trail has stuff to offer everyone.

For those going on the run, please pay attention to FishPoet's instructions because the turn to Ponitiac Sluice is a little confusing.

I also recommend that you look for 2N71Y off off 2N02 as well. It is a fun run in either direction, but from South to North is a more difficult direction and definitely worth the time to make the loop.
                                What about stock with 29s? That's what my uncle has, and I'm only on a budget boost with 30" tires that actually measure at 29"...? I'm going anyways, but again, my uncle might ride shotgun w/ me because of his brand new paint and everything!
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X