• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONTIAC! Lets Do This!

Ok so lets do this...

Sunday December 10th 2006.
    Be at the Firestation in Fawnskin @ 8:30am or be a YJ. haha
    Were gonna run Pontiac Sluice/Heart Break Ridge before it closes (as the rumors state) and anything else we might feel up to after it.
    Anyone that wants to be the leader for this post up cause im not exactly sure how to get there, but If not we'll all figure it out.
    I dont remember what its rated but a stocker with a rear locker did it all besides the final rock garden so its not really that bad. And im completely open F&R and i did it all so its an easy but fun trail.
    Remember its CHILLY up there right now, dress warm and there is always the possibility of rain/snow around this time.

[roll]314[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 12-04-06, 06:57 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Count me in.... (tentatively)... I hate saying tentatively, but I'm going to definately try to make it there!!! I kind-of know how to get there. If I go, my uncle might also, and he knows how to get there and has a GPS to aid us!
    Last edited by Materdaddy; 12-01-06, 07:34 AM.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sweet sounds good,
      Hers a map of the area... You can get directions with this.
      MAP OF FIRE STATION
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

[QUOTE=swbooking;68424]Ok so lets do this...

Be at the Firestation in Fawnskin @ 8:30am or be a YJ.

Why ya pickken' on us YJ'ers???

At the moment im in, have a wedding and a open house party on saturday, so we wil see.... Hey Rat you in????
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

haha I guess i could have said XJ too... But i jsut think of YJs as square. lol
          Sounds like you have a full day. Because both you and Mat are coming from pretty far. We could make the meet time later if you guys would like.

and yeah RAT! You in? haha I know its a little harcore for your rig but ill be there to help you out

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Bob (both Bobs, you know who you are ), you should try to come too! It'll be fun!

Comment

count me in and my two cousins....yj with some crap and 35s and a scrambler locked and 35s...um i will be the guy on the vespa....sad sad sad
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

aww man... dont worry youll have your jeep back again. See you then, well actually next week haha.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Lockers are not necessary for Pontiac Sluice and Heartbreak Ridge. Have some clearance and pick a good line and you'll be fine. There are a couple of bypasses on the sluice but none on the upper loop. If it snows between now and then the lockers might be a necessity.

Fawnskin is quite a distance from the trails you are talking about. Probably 1/2 hour on pavement and 3 hours on dirt roads.

Closest entrance to the general area from pavement is 2N01 off Hwy 38 at N34 11.532 W116 43.155

Have fun. I'd join you but I'll be in Rowher Flats that day.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                    Lockers are not necessary for Pontiac Sluice and Heartbreak Ridge. Have some clearance and pick a good line and you'll be fine. There are a couple of bypasses on the sluice but none on the upper loop. If it snows between now and then the lockers might be a necessity.

Fawnskin is quite a distance from the trails you are talking about. Probably 1/2 hour on pavement and 3 hours on dirt roads.

Closest entrance to the general area from pavement is 2N01 off Hwy 38 at N34 11.532 W116 43.155

Have fun. I'd join you but I'll be in Rowher Flats that day.
                    Thanks for the info. I was going to mention that the Fawnskin fire station is a ways away. Maybe we should meet somewhere south-east of the lake...?

Comment

Its just somewhere most people know in BB... If you guys want we could meet somewhere else. Thanks for the info FishPoet.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

well it looks like ill be done with my jeep this weekend, so i should make this one, gives me time to drive it a bit this week to make sure every thing is all good, so as for know im in, i havent even been able to try my new shock set up or my leafsprings?? Kevin

Comment

I might be in. I have been wanting to run this one.

I think a better place to meet up would be at Angelus Oaks for the guys going up from the SB area and I don't know where for the high desert folks...

Comment

Hey Kevin if you need any help with anything let me know im close i can run down there. It be cool to wheel with you finally!

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                              Ok so lets do this...

Be at the Firestation in Fawnskin @ 8:30am or be a YJ. haha
                              Were gonna run Pontiac Sluice/Heart Break Ridge before it closes (as the rumors state) and anything else we might feel up to after it.
                              Anyone that wants to be the leader for this post up cause im not exactly sure how to get there, but If not we'll all figure it out.
                              I dont remember what its rated but a stocker with a rear locker did it all besides the final rock garden so its not really that bad. And im completely open F&R and i did it all so its an easy but fun trail.
                              Remember its CHILLY up there right now, dress warm and there is always the possibility of rain/snow around this time.

Ok, what’s wrong with YJ's? There built like tanks and they can take a beating..
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X