Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Weekend Calico Run

We got out there Fri afternoon.. had breakfast at Peg Sue's, a little time at the Harvest Fest at Calico Ghost Town then made camp on the Doran / Odessa side just before the Cyn. entrance. MJR's "Jeep Virgin" was already set up there, we camped next door to him and his family. We had cruised through Mule Cyn. earlier as well, pondering a camp site but there was just way too much traffic and dust for us, it being a more traveled area. Come Sat. morning we packed up and met with the group at Peg Sue's. We ended up separated from Most of MJR guys ultimately, but still had a great time! I've got my CB "tuned up" :wink: and I still couldn't get ya'all on the line, after the 45 min "Quick Run" with Jim... maybe it's all the lead in those hills!? I believe the Canyon we ended up wheeling was Odessa it was a lot of fun and somtimes it was a little technical. Our group was alot of fun and some of the nicest people we have met... and thanks for the brownies they were awesome! We had to leave our small group of five at 3 PM and set off to get back to L.A.... crawling solo we ended up on a really technical trail that finally ended up landing us on top of the canyon wall where we saw some of ya'll from the original group with the TJ's and the twin yellow FJ's. You guys had the doors off the jeeps and it looked like a technical, bolder strewn trail! Wish we could have stayed all weekend, we'll definetly do it again, and hit some of the harder trails! Anyways here's our pics from my shoe phone:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

well glad I could help with the morning eaasy run and the seminar on how to have your hijack kick out and set your hub on the ground. Without a spare I parked the jeep and jumped in one of the FJ Cruisers, we did a few more runs. did a run up to one of the rock hound areas and had a blast digging through the area looking for interesting samples, Did a run over to Dorans were you saw us talking to the Clueless Duo. And around 8 PM hit the dry lake for a Light fest acting like kids. Then we hit up Peggy Sues, getting in just before closing for a piefest. I got back to Riverside after midnight.
    Days total,
    4 runs
    1 fantastic campfire dinner hosted by Sunny Grill (it is good to have a restaraunt owner in the group)
    1 tire changing seminar were we got to see the ARB air jack in action
    and fantastic memories
    days carnage
    1 baja claw
    1 jeeps windshield frame
    a few bruised egos but never any hard feelings

thanks for showing up, thanks FJ Crawling for hosting this, once again we had around 4 boards put together just one great solid time.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Hey Jim, Sharon and really enjoyed breakfast at Peggy Sue's wth you. I'm sorry that we got separated. I thought that I would post the first pic of your early tragedy.

But hey, it could happen to anyone, especially to the one in the lead. Thanks for showing the rest of us how NOT to go!

You were a great organizer and guide. I am really sorry that this happened to you.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...JimonGrd-1.jpg
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Another Calico Trail Report

Maxwell (Max7), you have some great pics. We really enjoyed the run with you. Here are some pics that we captured. Some of these are with you and some of theare are after you left:

TJRick Crawlin'

Bob agianst the wall in Odessa

Me tryng to stay away fromw the wall in Odessa

Bob at Kramer Arch
        [url]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/taisiya8/MeatKramer.jpg[/img]
        Me at Kramer Arch

Bob, Joy, Rick & son at Kramer arch
        Last edited by JeepGal; 11-27-06, 01:42 PM. Reason: fixed pictures
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

nice pics
          I copied the one of my Jeep to put in our Opps club gallery
          Enjoyed the talk at breakfast.
          I really like it when we get all these websites with different kinds of rigs together, it is a blast to run with each other

FJ Crawlling did a great job of putting so many sites together

I got some good video of a FJ Cruiser going through those caves, will post that up as soon as I get a editing program

and now onto our next adventure, yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

p.s.
            one of the guys was askking me a question about his rubicon right before we pulled out for the night run,
            PM me, I think I have the answer

Comment

i've got a few photos and vids of both a saturday run up doran with a few fellas that found us in the morning and a sunday loop of odessa/doran with 59bisquik. i'll post as soon as i get them downloaded.

i had a really grat time this weekend, it definitely seemed like fun for all no matter what trails people ran.

thanks again to FJcrawlin' for setting this up.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Great fun we had at Calico....pictures are in form of video....not sure if that is going to work here.
                Thanks all for such a great time!!! Rick, Max, Mike, Sharon, Stuart, Sharon....Max 7 oh dear, horrible on names. But thanks all for such a great time!!
                Sorry we just ran off and left in such a rush. I guess I was just ready to go. Off to the gas station, aired up, sway bar hooked up and then.....wait in the freeway line. Darn C.B. NEED TO GET IT WORKING!!

Gatekeeper?....yeah..I saw it. What about it? hey...lockers or no lockers. I am not doing the gate keeper. lol.
                Wow, you guys that are doing the gate keeper.... well your animals!!
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sorry MaddMike. Seems I had lost you. Did the lift work well? Were you pleased?
                  Last edited by Mtbikbob; 11-27-06, 04:59 PM.
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Great pictures Mike....... yeah, the one of me against the wall. Where is Kurt when I needed him? Well at least I showed Rick where not to go.

It was great wheeln with you. My favorite was still the short run at the end of the day on the rock ledge trail.
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sooo, Mr. Oostra,
                      Is that your TJ I see with the dingers on the widshield frame? If it is, you're supposed to drive AWAY from the wall... Hahahahaaaaa Looks like you all had fun, well, except for the Bling Bling guys.
                      Kurt
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        Sooo, Mr. Oostra,
                        Is that your TJ I see with the dingers on the widshield frame? If it is, you're supposed to drive AWAY from the wall... Hahahahaaaaa Looks like you all had fun, well, except for the Bling Bling guys.
                        Kurt
                        Now now, Mr. Kaufman, Look carefully at the photo again. You will notice there is a HUGE element missing. The Banner. The windshield frame damage belongs to 'Virgin Air'. Which was delivered by the same friendly rock.
                        Oh yes, dispite the rock rash we all had a great time. The trail was lots and lots of fun. Even for a non lifted 'Mr. Green'.
                        Missed ya......catch you on the next one.
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          Sooo, Mr. Oostra,
                          Kurt
                          Ya that was my nice damaged windshield post, i hope i am ready for JV. I know now to never lead cause i am the virgin guy here. Looking forward to the JV run with you Rat, get that rig ready for some carnage cause i know that i am not gonna be the only one that gets a nice JV souvenier. But i am trailering my rig there !
                          moon buggy
                          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                            Ya that was my nice damaged windshield post, i hope i am ready for JV. I know now to never lead cause i am the virgin guy here. Looking forward to the JV run with you Rat, get that rig ready for some carnage cause i know that i am not gonna be the only one that gets a nice JV souvenier. But i am trailering my rig there !
                            great idea on the trailer
                            and about the windsheild frame, does the door still seal?
                            because if it does, chicks dig scars, just buff it out and go.

Comment

Hey Max!

Glad you found MJR! I was camped next to you at Fright Night.

Jeri Lyn
                              Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Working...
                              X