Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in!

Let me know I've tried to participate in every clean up I can! Stoddard, Johnson, I'm always frustrated about trash....Calico..I'll be there!
    Maxwell-
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Jeep might still be on jacks but I'll bring my truck and haul out what ever.
      Same here Mark. I'm hoping to have the Jeep working as well. February starts my Audit season but if it's early enough I can try to sneak out.

Comment

Warn front driveshafts

Those Warn front driveshafts with the hardened ears are not enough to keep the U-joints from breaking the ears... we found that out at Stoddard Wells saturday.

Everything breaks if you push it hard enough.

These guys boken up on gatekeeper , you just can never say "the build will get me through" it's the driving. I did all those trails (with the exception of gatekeeper) open with a 4" lift and 32" tires just taking my time and driving it.

When is are you all going to Calico again?, I'm onboard next time!
        Last edited by Kodiak Spirit; 11-30-06, 12:52 PM. Reason: missing ? after calico
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Count us in for a clean up run in Calico. Sharon and I noticed a lot of trash too.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Count me in for the Calico clean-up too! I was camping out there this weekend and could of used a dump truck for all of the garbage laying around!
            Built Not Bought
            1986 B2

Comment

belated pics and reports

OK all, sorry for the delay but here are a few photos from this trip which i thought i'd share. now that i finally realized i live in the 21st century and bought a camera i wil donate back a few brief trail reports/pics.

Saturday consisted of a few runs which split out during various times of the day, but here are a few pics of vehicles in or near our campsite:

front shot of me with new OME lift

art in his FJ40

john's (name correct?) FJ55 with camping gear assembled nearby

eric, raul, and myself went out to run the doran/odessa loop on saturday afternoon.

here we are lined up before the run. raul is behind me in the black rubi and eric in the back with the black XJ.

eric playing on some rocks

notice the slightly deformed rear tailpipe...

...and the solution...

we ended up not being able to find odessa canyon at night but managed to limp our way back to camp on some of the other trails near there, so there aren't any more pics of this run.

Sunday 59Bisquik (shay & wife), and I ran odessa/doran from the odessa side all the way through. here are a few good shots of shay (none of me since i was driving most of the time):

shay maneuvering through the main 'squeeze' - good job!

shay on his way down one of the small waterfalls on doran.

i had a really great time not only on the trail runs but also around the campfire at night with the group. thumbs up, will be back out on the trails soon.

PS odessa and doran seemed more difficult than when i ran them in the spring (and i now have a 2.5" lift instead of stock height). talk of the heavy rains washing out the trail and moving larger rocks into your path were duly noted during the runs.
              Last edited by maddmike; 12-13-06, 01:04 AM. Reason: added comment
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Great pictures Mike.
                Squeeze left its mark on us.

Merry Christmas,
                Bob
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

these pics are from 2 years ago and I walked right up it.

I went this past weekend and it's way WAY harder.
                  I'm tired of people saying you can spot a rig with one locker up the falls...theres NO way in it's current state.
                  I made it up the first and second steps, but I broke climbing the big gap at the top this time. The other 2 rigs with me were both stretched to near 100" wheel base and were able to hammer up it.
                  I tore up both doors, the top is shredded, the winch fried, broke a chromoly rear dana 44 shaft, and the tank on my ARB compressor blew apart.
                  It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

WOO HOO!! Look at that Ford!!

Nice pics Mike!!
                    Built Not Bought
                    1986 B2

Comment

Working...
                    X