Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
    do those cabins have a bathroom, heater, ...
    cabins have been booked, as is all improved camping, for 3 months, this is one of the biggest days of the year for the Ghost Town, they have a huge event they call Heritage Days
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Friday night camping too ???

Got to be somewhere Saturday night. But we thought of camping on Friday night wheeling with you on Sat then leaving for our thing in the afternoon. Is anyone interested in camping in Mule Canyon on Fri with us... I'll bring the fire wood!
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm going to try to be there. Tent camping Sat night. Hope to meet some more people. Mat

Comment

Hey Sarah, Are you and Rick able to make it? Can we get a roll call sign up roster?
          "run forest, run!"

Comment

We can't make it ... already have plans. See top of page or first post for roll call!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

thanks, maybe next time...Have a great turkey day!

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              We can't make it ... already have plans. See top of page or first post for roll call!
              "run forest, run!"

Comment

We tried to get a site at calico and there are only a couple left but you must pay for the big shin dig they are having there 17.00 per adult. So it looks like we are dry camping. Let me know when you are going up there and we can set up near each other.
                moon buggy
                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

We'll be there for Saturday!

Wife and I will camp in Mule Canyon Friday night and meet you all out there. We will be monitoring channel 4 in the morning. We'll have to leave Sat late afternoon.
                  Maxwell-
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Wish I could make this run with you guys, that's a great wheeling area with some specacular vertical redrock canyon walls. Camping is great just after you turn off onto the dirt trail heading towards Doran and Odessa canyons. I wouldn't bother paying for any of the commercial campgrounds unless you want a shower.

Do NOT miss a chance to get breakfast or dinner at Peggy Sue's Diner across I-15 from Calico. Great chicken fried steak, hamburgers, and milkshakes!
                    Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 11-16-06, 11:05 PM.
                    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

It may be that I will be able to run through the area for Saturday, still working on the wife.
                      I will be on Channel 4 as well, looking for you guys. I am just no sure if I will be there or not at this point. Thanks for the recommendation Jerry. Neat to find scenic areas to wheel in.

Bob
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

I can't camp, but I am looking forward to hooking up with everyone. My wife and I are planning on meeting everyone at Peggy Sue's and we may have a newbie in tow as well.

We can meet everyone for Saturday. See you there!
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Just in case...

11/25 9:00 a.m. Breakfast

Peggy Sues 50's Diner
                          1-15 Ghost Town Road
                          Yermo, Calif 92398
                          (760) 254-3370

Directions:
                          On I15 about 8 miles west of Barstow on the way to Las Vegas take the Ghost Town Road Exit and turn right onto Ghost Town Road. Go to the 4 way stop and turn left then make an immediate left into the Peggy Sues 50's Diner parking lot.

Instead of meeting up at I-15 and Bear Valley, we have decided that Main Street and I-15 is much better. We'll be at Denny's between 7-7:30 Saturday morning.
                          Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 11-20-06, 06:27 PM.
                          "run forest, run!"

Comment

Have you planned any trails yet? Are they extreme or of a moderate nature?
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

When and where to meet on Sunday???
                              Built Not Bought
                              1986 B2

Comment

I'm looking to do both Odessa and Doran, if doable. And because we have a mixture of both stockers and modified rigs, my goal is to make it fun for everyone that comes out. Some guys want to stroll around the easy stuff checking out scenary and mines while others are bringing out their quads and motorhomes. If you want to lead a trail, let me know. We're open to ideas or suggestions.

On Sunday, plan on meeting us at our campsite in Mule Canyon. Look for the Land Cruisers and Jeepers with a shiat eatin' grin. We'll see ya'll when you show up.

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                                Have you planned any trails yet? Are they extreme or of a moderate nature?
                                "run forest, run!"

Comment

Working...
                                X