Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Weekend Calico Run

Greetings from the Land Cruiser community. We come and peace (Buzz Lightyear) and offer a fun filled weekend in Calico with some exploring and trailing for the beginner or sick at heart. Alot of fun trails. If you have a capable stock or modified 4wd and a sense of humor with a friendly attitude, come on out and enjoy your leftovers in the clean crisp desert of Calico!

The plan is to meet at Peggy Sue's for breakfast Saturday morning by 9am. A few of us cruising up at a turtles pace plan on meeting up at I-15 and Bear Valley Road around 6:30 to caravan. We're going to be camping in and around Mule Canyon and monitoring channel 4.

How tough can it be to get a hall pass to get away for the holiday weekend? Any takers for such an invite?

Mark

11/25 9:00 a.m. Breakfast

Peggy Sues 50's Diner
    1-15 Ghost Town Road
    Yermo, Calif 92398
    (760) 254-3370

Directions:
    On I15 about 8 miles west of Barstow on the way to Las Vegas take the Ghost Town Road Exit and turn right onto Ghost Town Road. Go to the 4 way stop and turn left then make an immediate left into the Peggy Sues 50's Diner parking lot.

Saturday's Roll Call
    Sunday's Roll Call
    Last edited by sarah; 11-18-06, 05:50 PM.
    "run forest, run!"

I think i might sign up and maybe even camp there for the weekend will let you know next week. That is my kids favorite spot, they love the caves
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Stuart, It would be nice to see you guys again. Hope you and the family can make it out. I wander if Mule Canyon is motorhome friendly. Kevin will likely bring his house on wheels. Anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin
      I think i might sign up and maybe even camp there for the weekend will let you know next week. That is my kids favorite spot, they love the caves
      Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 11-09-06, 06:34 PM.
      "run forest, run!"

Comment

Hmmm, sounds tempting. I wont know till a day or two before hand though
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

we are setting something up for that saturday
          will keep everyone informed
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

We camp at Calico Ghost town there are sites with water and power and only 5 minutes from Odessa. It is usually pretty empty there and i think it's 22.00 per night with hook ups. If people want to camp there we should try to camp together.
            moon buggy

Comment

That's good to know Stuart. Mule Canyon is motorhome friendly but dry camping only with no hook up's.

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin
              We camp at Calico Ghost town there are sites with water and power and only 5 minutes from Odessa. It is usually pretty empty there and i think it's 22.00 per night with hook ups. If people want to camp there we should try to camp together.
              "run forest, run!"

Comment

50/50

Very interested... have to check on some things first...I've been wanting to check out Lower Bismark Cayon and the other fun stuff out there!

Is everyone that is camping in mule canyon in tents or are the generators going to be in full effect? Wife and I are tent campers....otherwise we'll sleep in a cave
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

likewise, I'll be tenting it. I'm fairly certain that there will be those with generators, but not sure how noisy it will be. Hope you can make it!

Originally posted by Max7
                  Very interested... have to check on some things first...I've been wanting to check out Lower Bismark Cayon and the other fun stuff out there!

Is everyone that is camping in mule canyon in tents or are the generators going to be in full effect? Wife and I are tent campers....otherwise we'll sleep in a cave
                  "run forest, run!"

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
                    likewise, I'll be tenting it. Hope you can make it!
                    Thanks! I'll probably have an answer tonight...let you know!
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

let me know if we are going to camp in the campground, or if you want to camp in the canyon. Either is good for me. Evidently there is going to be an event called Heritage Fest that weekend at Calico. So it may be busy. Calico is always a fun place. Be nice to all camp togethter, Kevin Putnam

Comment

I think we will book at the campground monday, we really like having water and power when camping with young ones. Will post the site we get, if any body wants to camp nearby. I am bringing my wife and two boys 7 and 4, they love exploring the tunnels.
                        moon buggy

Comment

Calico Ghost Town Camping Info & Maps

Here's some info for your plans, I 'm still not certain I'll be there, but hope this helps! Maxwell-

Web Address:
                          http://www.calicotown.com/index.php

Calico Ghost Town
                          P.O. Box 638
                          Yermo, CA. 92398
                          For Reservations Call
                          1-760-254-2122
                          1-800-TO-CALICO

Fax: 1-760-254-2047
                          Map & Weather Info

In the canyons below town, a full service campground, camping cabins, and bunkhouse provide the opportunity for extended stays.

Camping Per Night (campsites: 1, 2)

Non Hookup.......... $18
                          Full Hookup........... $22
                          Partial Hookup....... $21
                          Camping Cabins..... $33

Camp 1
                          Camp 2

Comment

Cabins

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                            I think we will book at the campground monday, we really like having water and power when camping with young ones. Will post the site we get, if any body wants to camp nearby. I am bringing my wife and two boys 7 and 4, they love exploring the tunnels.
                            do those cabins have a bathroom, heater, ...
                            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

We are still discussing it over at adventure 4x4, but we have some bites, I would love to wheel saturday
                              so if it is 9 am at peggy sues, we are up to it.
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X