Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident

Well ran cleghorn this sunday with 2 friends, everything was great on the first part of the trail. we also saw some jeeps from NAXJA up there.
    but here is where it gets bad, after cleghorn we decided to run 2n17x to pilot rock. we left one of the cars behind at the dam(toyo/4runner) and headed out in the 2 jeep my tj and one xj.

as we finished the first part of the run are kids got tired and we decided to call it a day so we headed down 2n33 to 138 to get out.
    as we rounded a turn to guy's on dirt bikes came brawling down the trail and the first guy could not turn off on time and went head on with the xj.
    the jeep toke some bad damage but was still drivable. the guy on the bike was not so lucky as he flew over the jeep his left leg caught the head lights and was cut very bad.
    we ended up ditching his bike on the side of the trail patched him up as best we could for the ride to fire station #25.
    we pilled everyone into my jeep so we could lay down the seat in the J to transport him.
    by the time we got him to the firestaion he had lost lots of blood, the medics came out and took it from there.

i asked one of the fire fighters how bad was it, he said he would need at least 20 stitches to close him up.
    hope all is well with the guy if anyone knows someone in station #25
    give me a heads up.
    Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
    It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

crash

that sucks i was reading about that on naxja, was the guy who was riding drinking. thats what i heard. Kevin

Comment

Yeah same thing i heard, It was a white XJ and the dude just smashed up his front end. Im sure I know someone in #25 or know someone that does ill try to find out when i got home on Sunday.
      -Allen
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Ya you heard right, let's just say after the crash he popped open a cold one from his pack, dont get me wrong was he drunk i dont think so. but was he drinking before dont know. all in all he was a very nice guy considering the circumstance.
        i think he was just going to fast around a blind turn.
        lucky for him we had just switched positions and i let my friend lead the way out. i think it could have been much worse if he had run into the front of my hight lift?

Comment

I'll see if I can find anything out... I might know people who know people
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

well thats probably why he lost a lot of blood. the alcohol we consume is a blood thinner. a person who drinks 1 beer will bleed more than the same person who had nothing. heavy drinking and accidents come in a 1-2 punch. 1 you get in an accident cuz youve been drinking, 2. you'll bleed more. only + that comes from it is that usually the drinker walks away from the accident over the non drinker who usually dies from the drinker... go figure. i hope your pressing some kind of insurance claim against the drunk bastard to get your xj fixed. i wouldnt just take it up the wazzu!
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

the xj belongs to my friend, he is not going to file any claims.
              the car can be easily fixed but i dont think he is going to be so lucky his leg was bretty bad off. that cut was big and bad!
              will post some pics next week.

Comment

Working...
              X