Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishpan Springs Sun Oct 29th was great!

Actually... I ended up going solo and bumping into two other jeep guys out there at the base of the ball breaker/ waterfall. There was a guy in a 96 Chevy Tahoe had tried to make the climb only to grenade both front and rear diffs. Completly immobile he had already spent the night out there and would spend another before getting a tow for his 9200LB machine. I ended up indirectly arranging a tow for him as of this morning via a 1 ton locked diesel. I had a great time out there and was able to get up the waterfall without a hitch...lots of flexing through the erosion ruts afterward. Here's some Pic's:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Well, I almost went to DP Sunday, opted out after Holcomb cuz no one was around. Just decided to get on home. I missed all the fun! Did you guys get up above 9000FT at all? There is actually some snow up at those elevations already. PDC!
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey! I know that spot on the rock. Received first rock rash there. Boy looks different in pictures. The pictures just dont do the waterfall justice! Its tougher than it looks.
      Boy, that tow truck bill must have been expensive!
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Hey Bob nice avatar...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Max,

was great running the top of the trail with you! here's a few pics of the trail after the slide.

When we first got to the guy in the Tahoe, he'd just used his highlift to lower himself down Devils slide! I winched out a couple of bigger rocks that where binding him up, and he coasted back down!

Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Hey Andy,
            Thanks for sharing the pics.. good times!
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
              Did you guys get up above 9000FT at all? There is actually some snow up at those elevations already. PDC!
              Rat
              We didn't get to see any snow... shame I love driving the snowed trails! sorry we missed you...I posted the DP run way to late the night before. argh

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                Boy, that tow truck bill must have been expensive!
                I think Buddy did it for a beer... Retrivial 4x4 Tow guys charge 1-2 K to get you unstuck up there rumor has it.

Comment

Note to self, don't get disabled/stuck on the trail!!!

Thanks for the pics! Looks like fun!
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Crazy Waterfall

was anybody in this group on the trail the next weekend, 11-4-06??? i have a khaki jeep wrangler, and i was having some trouble getting up the waterfall. a bunch of guys that were out on 10-29-06 were there, and they helped spot my jeep. i really apreciated the help. i was just wondering if any of them have pictures of my jeep going up the waterfall? if you know anyone who saw me, i would really like to have some pictures of my jeep in action.
                    thanks

Comment

That looks like a fun trail, sounds like you guys had a good time. I have yet to run dish pan ....
                      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Looks like a real fun trail, someday! lol
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                        X