Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Make a Run!

Hey I want to make a run before I got to JV so who wants to do something on the 4th? I havent picked a trail. Anyone got any suggestions? Im open to pretty much everything, Anza, Big Bear, where ever let me know what you guys want to run and we'll plan it. but its gonna be saturday November 4th lets start the run at 9 or 10 (cause ive been getting up way too early lately) and maybe we can stretch it into a night run or evening run with a view.
    -Allen

[roll]305[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 10-31-06, 03:17 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

I would like to go to Cleghorn and Holcom like the Going Back run we did with rat Patrol, Freeway Dan and Mountain Bike Bob if you guys are interested. Otherwise i don't know if the MillerJeep run is open ! I would like to run that one and maybe Yellowjacket the same time
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Sounds cool to me, I dont have any armor but if you guys will spot me good on Holcomb, id do it. The Jeep Trail is open, and i like that trail too. Im not sure which is Yellowjacket but im sure its in that general area.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
        Sounds cool to me, I dont have any armor but if you guys will spot me good on Holcomb, id do it. The Jeep Trail is open, and i like that trail too. Im not sure which is Yellowjacket but im sure its in that general area.
        I wouldnt run Holcomb Creek without rocker protection as a minumum. I know thats hard to come by on XJ's. (losta rocks...unless you dont care about your body panels.)

FWIW, Holcomb Creek is no where near Yellowjacket. Yellow Jacket is located off Miller Jeep Trail in the Los Padres National Forest, near Frasier Park/Gorman off the 5 freeway near the Grapevine. (you can breath now) I believe its closed right now, since the fire just swept through there. Maybe someone here knows and would like to give us an update...?

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Oh i though Jeep Virgin was talking about the Jeep Trail by 3N34... My bad. haha Yeah rockers are next but im still strapped for cash at the moment... Well Hows the miller Jeep and Yellow Jacket compared to Holcomb? Just as many rocks or cool to do without rockers? oh and i do care about my body panels. haha
          Last edited by swbooking; 10-26-06, 08:52 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
            Hows the miller Jeep and Yellow Jacket compared to Holcomb? Just as many rocks or cool to do without rockers? oh and i do care about my body panels. haha
            You will really want rocker panel protection for Yellow Jacket. The stand-off rails on the Missus' XJ saved her passenger side doors when the front passenger tire decided to jump off a rock listing the whole thing to starboard.

There was a sickening crunching grinding sound but no damage to the sheetmetal just to the powder coating on the super rails.

These weren't too bad in cost and have held up very well.
            http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/RockRails/index.html
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
              You will really want rocker panel protection for Yellow Jacket. The stand-off rails on the Missus' XJ saved her passenger side doors when the front passenger tire decided to jump off a rock listing the whole thing to starboard.

There was a sickening crunching grinding sound but no damage to the sheetmetal just to the powder coating on the super rails.

Thanks, ive been looking at those or JCR Stage 2s, i think im going with JCRs.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin
                I would like to go to Cleghorn and Holcom like the Going Back run we did with rat Patrol, Freeway Dan and Mountain Bike Bob if you guys are interested. Otherwise i don't know if the MillerJeep run is open ! I would like to run that one and maybe Yellowjacket the same time
                Stuart,
                Miller and YellowJaket are closed due to fire. Might be a long time before they open it again. There is a thread somewhere on here that explains it. I am going to be up in BB doing my volunteer trail stuff that weekend, so I may be able to hook up with guys. Looking forward to running a trail with you again.
                Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning

That sound isn't sickening, its Rock music! :tongue: :thumbs_up
                  Rat
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Allen, you know my favorite part of the trip we took on the 'going back' run was the section from Lake Silverwood up to Pilot rock. At the beginning of that section at the lake there were a bunch of jeeps and other off roaders, considering going up the first big hill....and here we came, six of us, Kurt leading the way right down through the middle of their group, climbed the first house sized boulder and straight up the hill went all of us MJR folk. What a feeling!!!! Me? Just holding on to the steering wheel, sweaty hands, heart pounding, thinking "can me and my jeep do this hill too?'' and of course we did..... WHAT A FEELING!!! nice, excellent. If I can, I will join you on the run.
                    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                      Me? Just holding on to the steering wheel, sweaty hands, heart pounding, thinking "can me and my jeep do this hill too?'' and of course we did..... WHAT A FEELING!!! nice, excellent.
                      drama queen.

keep your weekends open, my lift arrived at 4WP and i'll be picking it up this weekend. getting installed next weekend. after that i'll be up for some more metal crunching.
                      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

HAHA So what are we doing? Meet at Cleghorn and go from there? 9 O'clock sound good? Maybe end up at like gold mountain to have a view at sunset or something?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

run

ill be there too guys, Kevin

Comment

Cool, this will be the first time that ive run with with another XJ. Are your Rear shocks all done?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

shocks

yeah there pretty much done i posted a few pics a while back, kept it as simple as i could, also put a spool in the rear, wow it rides like snot, but i kinda like it after i got used to it though, let me know when your ready to do rear shocks through floor, have a good one/////Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X