Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer Limits Rescue

Hope you made it home ok.waiting to see the pics

here some picshttp://www.runandplaymotorsports.com/Fun%20in%20the%20Desert.htm

Comment

Originally posted by krawler76
      Hope you made it home ok.waiting to see the pics
      Jaime,
      Thanks again for helping us get AA off the rocks. All of you put in a huge effort and it is greatly appreciated. I meant what I said about helping you guys with the trails. I'll PM you my cell #. Give it to who ever needs it and tell them not to be shy about calling. I'll pitch in whenever and wherever I can.
      Pics should be coming soon. I didn't take any but I know their out there.

Thanks again,
      Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

no problem it's all part of the fun here are more pics of the guys that made it hahahttp://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=24026.40

Comment

Ok, pictures. Well I dont have many pictures because somebody broke and ruined all our fun.

Stuart

Kurt

And the jerk that spoiled our weekend.
          Last edited by Double AA; 10-03-06, 08:15 PM.

Comment

This is when my steering Knuckle died.

Comment

Three monkeys and a football. Kind of reminds me of a Marks Brothers movie.

Comment

On Saturday my knuckle broke and Kurt and I wasted the rest of the day looking for a replacement. Stuart stayed the whole day with Shari and Laura. The poor man will never be the same. All the wrecking yards were closed and we wound up meeting a retired welder who was kind enough to give us full access to his shop while he went to visit his mother. Incredible people. We welded up the cast iron knuckle, installed it and hoped for the best. The best turned out to be twenty yards. The Jeep spent the night on the trail. The following morning we hooked up with several members of the Victor Valley Club. Craig owns a 2 1/2 ton, ten wheeler which he was able to drive within about 400 yards of the crippled Jeep. Anyone who's been on any of the VV Clubs trails knows it's 400 yards of nasty rock. These guys were awesome. Craig, Jaime, Chase, Chuck, Allen and the rest steered my wheels by hand the entire way. Jaime came up with the idea to put the Hi Lift jack into the slots of my wheel to pry them into turning through the rocks.

Chase and Craig

Craig and his monster

The Victor Valley Crew.

Comment

The entire crew had a great attitude. But Jaime kept us laughing the whole day. This was his typical facial expression through out the entire ordeal. Always smiling.

No matter what angle you saw him from, there was that smile.

Comment

AWESOME story! I truly love your rescue vehicle

Glad you guys made it out in one ummmm errrr well....Alive. Yeah, thats it

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Craig was nice enough to let me keep the Jeep at his home until I pick up a knuckle and install it next weekend. One thing I never expected was a phone call from him this afternoon telling me his pulled the tires off and will remove the knuckle so all I have to do is install the new one. I don't meet people like this very often. Awesome!

This is the first time I broke and couldn't get out on my own. The timing was perfect. These guys were great.

And I owe a lot to both Kurt and Stuart. I told them to go ahead with the group, but they stayed the entire time to help me. They wasted money for their gas, motel and run fee's. The next run's on me guys.

Thanks to everyone.
                      Andrew

Comment

nice pics i look good from both ends:haha: when you come out to fix it maybe we'll try it again

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA
                          Craig was nice enough to let me keep the Jeep at his home until I pick up a knuckle and install it next weekend. One thing I never expected was a phone call from him this afternoon telling me his pulled the tires off and will remove the knuckle so all I have to do is install the new one. I don't meet people like this very often. Awesome!

This is the first time I broke and couldn't get out on my own. The timing was perfect. These guys were great.

And I owe a lot to both Kurt and Stuart. I told them to go ahead with the group, but they stayed the entire time to help me. They wasted money for their gas, motel and run fee's. The next run's on me guys.

Thanks to everyone.
                          Andrew
                          Andrew,
                          You got it right about not meeting folks like this very often. But in less than two days we met at least 20 people willing to help total strangers. The guy we met that let us use his welder was the first of many. As far as I'm concerned, it was a great weekend. Not the carnage, but everything else. I learned alot about rescuing broken equipment from a difficult trail. Lessons I won't forget. I just hope I don't get the "break bug" next time we hit the trail.

Hope all the parts come cheap, go on easy and work right.

BTW, a garden hose will get that pesky TP out of the bushes

Hasta la Vista baby
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

yeah i really see his "smile" in the last photo!!! can you say ... butt crack!
                            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

it's ok to check out my handi work butt not my ass:wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X