Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishpan conquered by stock TJ

Well my son and I went on a trail run today with his stock TJ, 30 inch tires, and open diffs. Me, I was in my Landcruiser with lockers, springover, 38 Super Swampers. We started at The Victor Valley adopt a trail by Silverwood Lake, then mossey over to Arrowhead And went into Deep Creek, then onto Dishpan. That Boy can drive, he had to pick his lines , but he manage to get over the first trail without to much trouble.
    When we got to Dishpan, I asked him not to try it, but boys will be boys, and he said if I get into trouble, you can pull me out. Up he goes, and he makes it into the thickest part when he got high center. I didn't expect him to get that far. Well up I go, and I went around him on the left where the rocks seem to grow the biggest, and swing in front of him to get the strap on him. A little tug and up he comes. There were people waiting for someone to break watching. I told my Boy not to screw up, and not to give them the satisfaction. Off we go to Big Pines campground, and break out the Monte Cristo cigars. Very impress with my son for taking a stock Jeep over trails that most people with rigs like mine are nervous.

NOICE! Sounds like a fun day. Im so not ballsy enought to take my rig on that yet and i have some pretty decent mods. Got to wait for some skids cause if i bust something, thats it for a while. hahah Tell your son nice job thats something most people dont do. 2 Thumbs ^
    -Allen
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Yeah I was surprise when he went for it. I didn't think he'd get half way up before he'd spin out. But he got over half way thru the hard stuff when he got stuck. A little tug and he was on his way again. Kid is a real good driver, and knows how to read a trail, Kevin

Comment

Thats a good thing, wait till he has a full rig he'll never get hung up, has he been out wheeling alot?
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

lol .. a few yrs ago me and a bunch of my friends went to dishpan and we went up and to the left. you know where you take the left side then swing right then back left avoiding the center section of the waterfall? well after we were up some guy comes to the start of the waterfall in a bone stock tj auto..... no lift.. nothing....... he just walks up and through it dead center... my jaw dropped and i kinda felt stupid for a second. come to find out it was the guys 1st time wheeling and it was the spotters rig... lol.. that guy worked at the ontario jeep dealer. some hispanic dude short and stocky... anyways your story made me think about that somewhat sour taste in my mouth that i had when a stock jeep went up and i went so so on the easier part of it......
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I wished I had pictures, but on the first trail there was a wall on the right, and a big hole where people had spun their right tire. I figure this was going to stop him, but he drove real slow the right tire up the wall, got his left tireonto the center section, theright rear followed up the wall and up he went. I tell you my mouth dropped. His Jeep has the auto, and that fuel injection is so smooth.
            Yes Scott has been Jeeping as soon as he could touch the petals. I built three Landcruisers like mine and he had one. His was fully locked, where I run a posi in the front. Kid broke every spare birfield I had stored. And beleive me I had quite a few, LOL, Kevin.

Comment

Outstanding! Well done! Wished we could have joined you all. Next time.
              And thats what wheeling is all about. The mountain air, the time away from work. Relaxing with good friends or family having a great time and feeling like you have just conquered the world.
              Good job. High fives all around.

BobO
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

What a lucky son. I wish i could have learned on a rig like that hahaha. But its a good thing to know the limitations of a stocker, good practice.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thumbs way way up for your boy. How old is he? ^.^
                  WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                  [_____]
                  (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                  []--o---[]

Comment

Hi I'm back,just got in from Portland Or. and Kansas City KS. Quick 3 days and a half.
                    My son Scott is 31. Drives for Wal Mart. Got runner up this year in the State truck Rodeo. Missed winning by three points. No mercy, I told him he still lost. Very competitive between us, the old man took runner up about ten years ago.
                    Been so long since I went jeeping with anyone, the old Cruiser surprised even me as to what it could do. Looking forward to next weekend, going to Lake Isabella, then next month going to a TLCA event in Mesquite NV. I've enjoyed getting to meet other 4X4 people again. Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z
                      Hi I'm back,just got in from Portland Or. and Kansas City KS. Quick 3 days and a half.
                      My son Scott is 31. Drives for Wal Mart. Got runner up this year in the State truck Rodeo. Missed winning by three points. No mercy, I told him he still lost. Very competitive between us, the old man took runner up about ten years ago.
                      Been so long since I went jeeping with anyone, the old Cruiser surprised even me as to what it could do. Looking forward to next weekend, going to Lake Isabella, then next month going to a TLCA event in Mesquite NV. I've enjoyed getting to meet other 4X4 people again. Kevin.
                      i thought he was like 16

well, glad you guys had a good time out there.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                      X