Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, can't make it yet.

Still do not have the issues with wiring sorted out on the YJ yet, and maybe have a new project in the works that I need to do prep on. But MAN this is right up my alley... I've got the time off... the urge to go...

Damn wiring!
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

big bear

Originally posted by BACKNBLACK
      Im trying to get off work that day to make this run, is anyone still intrested in going?
      I AM going no matter what. me and another jeeper from apple valley. If anyone wants to go you can PM me if you want.
      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Lockers

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
        talking about lockers.....'I dont need no stinking lockers', Maddmike will run those trails stock with no lockers
        SWEET, come on out to johnson valley last weekend of this month for 15th
        annual fun in the desert http://home1.gte.net/res8w168/id7.html

Comment

Still working on getting the day off, but I would like to join you guys if its ok.....

Comment

I didnt say it wasnt possible, I just think it may be a bit challenging for some first timers.

I ran on 31s and 33's unlocked for 3 years, and ran every trail in Big Bear, many trails in Moab and Rubicon several times. Sure its possible, but with a bit of experience.

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
              I didnt say it wasnt possible, I just think it may be a bit challenging for some first timers.

I ran on 31s and 33's unlocked for 3 years, and ran every trail in Big Bear, many trails in Moab and Rubicon several times. Sure its possible, but with a bit of experience.

Tam
              Hey Tam,
              Didn't mean to come across like I was callin' you out...sorry about that! I totally hear what you're saying, and agree! :thumbs_up
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

we are on shopsnot done with theh2 yet. what awaste. any way looking at maybe cruzing the senic trail out to the old ghoast town or something, buddy hashis kids for the trip.

Comment

No matter where you go, if you go with a buddy and recovery gear, you will have fun. I am running 30's (but cheat with some deep gearing) so I know that you can do Lower Larga and the back half of Holcomb Creek without too much trouble. I only have a 2" lift and we did it in an extremely heavy rain storm. I had to use lockers on Root Hill due to the rain but you should have no trouble on a dry day.

To get there take 3N16 to Lower Larga (2N06X). Use a spotter anywhere that you think you might get stuck. There are some fun but not too tough obstacles for 31's when climbing the hill on Lower Larga. The back half of Holcomb is fun. I can't go, but I am sure that you will have a great time.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Team Trail Effort

Originally posted by Malachi
                    No matter where you go, if you go with a buddy and recovery gear, you will have fun
                    YOU SAID IT WELL

Comment

lockers

Originally posted by matt2001tj
                      SWEET, come on out to johnson valley last weekend of this month for 15th
                      annual fun in the desert http://home1.gte.net/res8w168/id7.html

Your point is taken. I will spectate at J.V. that quailifies as coming out, don't it?
                      Yes yes yes....if I had money, I would have lockers, but I would still be a spectator at J.V. Definitely over my head there.

Always, have fun.
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                        ...but talking about lockers.....'I dont need no stinking lockers', Maddmike will run those trails stock with no lockers.
                        ha! yeah...

like others here have said, it can be done. i run them with open diffs, no lift, and 31's. expect possible body damage, chassis damage, and the possibility of needing a winch or tug with a tow strap from one of your fellow jeepers, and you'll leave at the end of the day with a nice big smile on your face.

if that sounds like too much for you, then run some of the other trails that were mentioned on the board (jacoby, lower larga, clarks' grade/radford).

PS do NOT attempt gold mtn, JB, holcomb, or dishpan or other 'difficult' rated trails in BB without sufficient underbody armor. good way to basically destroy something really expensive under there, no matter how well you can drive. BB trails are pretty rocky...
                        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

ok if any one is going and doesn't mind a few under rigged jeeps in tow we will be at the store in angelus oaks from 9 to 9:30. We are thinking of running the senic trail from baldwin lake to the ghost town and old mines. But will be open to some thing a little more challenging. We are on channel 2 and will be fired up early, if anyone needs to contact us. Thanks to all can't wait to meet some of you.

Comment

Working...
                          X