Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear This Sat?

My best friend and I our going Exploring on sat. Any ideas for two jeeps with no lockers yet and 31's and 33's? Would love to hook up with some of you at the Angelus Oaks store at say 9 am. Any takers please post or post trail ideas. Thanks to all.

big bear

i might be down for another big bear trip, maybe gold mtn, jon bull, those arent to bad, not to sure if i can make it as of know since i was there all day last sat. but we'll see what the wife has planned i know she wont want to go again, any ways ill post and let you know. thanks//Kevin

Comment

hey i just noticed you are in Yucaipa to, cool.

Comment

3N69 Gold Mountain is a fun and challenging route. 3N61 Jacoby Canyon is a nice route, more challenging if you run it uphill. Rattlesnake Canyon is always fun if the temps cooperate. 1N54 Clark's Grade and 2N06 Radford Truck Trail can be done as a loop using 1N04 and 2N10 as connectors.

If you are looking for the most challenging that Big Bear has to offer then 3N93 Holcomb Creek, 3N10 John Bull, 2N06X Lower Larga and 3N17 White Mountain would fill your needs. Make sure you have the proper recovery gear and be prepared for possible body damage on these trails.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I might be in if I can get off work..... Ill let you know
          jeff

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET
            ...If you are looking for the most challenging that Big Bear has to offer then 3N93 Holcomb Creek, 3N10 John Bull, 2N06X Lower Larga and 3N17 White Mountain would fill your needs. Make sure you have the proper recovery gear and be prepared for possible body damage on these trails.
            I think these trails might be a too much of a challenge for them unlocked on 31's and 33's, depending on their trail experience.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
              I think these trails might be a too much of a challenge for them unlocked on 31's and 33's, depending on their trail experience.
              I don't claim to be a pro by any means. I have done John Bull and Holcomb Creek with my open difs and 33's. I can't attest to the others. As for the two that I have done, I found Holcomb Creek to be a little more adventurous with the various rock gardens! :thumbs_up

Wish I could make this trip, but I already have other commitments...
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

My son and I were talking about taking his new Jeep on Sunday, so I'll see if he wants to go Saturday. Going to Sacramento tonight,I'll be back on Friday, Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin
                  hey i just noticed you are in Yucaipa to, cool.
                  hello fellow Yucaipaians......never saw so many people from Yucaipa in one spot. we should do a run in the near future....(after i fix this darn power steering).
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                  ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Big Bear

After my jeep being down for almost a month Im ready as all hell to do a run being as how i just got it fixed last night. If you guys are going to be in angelas oaks at 9 am we can meet at lippys market at 9:30 and head out to gold mountain and after that go where ever. As to your open diff. thing dont worry. Im locked on both ends and have a winch as well so if you get stuck i can get you out.
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

big bear

im gonna pass on this one. to much stuff to do this weekend. def have to meet you yucaipa guys we'll have to set sompthing up. //Kevin-K

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                        I don't claim to be a pro by any means. I have done John Bull and Holcomb Creek with my open difs and 33's. I can't attest to the others. As for the two that I have done, I found Holcomb Creek to be a little more adventurous with the various rock gardens! :thumbs_up

Wish I could make this trip, but I already have other commitments...

I can't make it this weekend either...but talking about lockers.....'I dont need no stinking lockers', Maddmike will run those trails stock with no lockers.
                        We just finished those trails last weekend on the 'Going Back' trip. Me with 31" no lockers and a 3'' lift works great. Quick release for the sway bar is definitely the trick to have. Rat, ran dishpan with no rear locker, tried to do the whole run in two wheel drive. So, take what you will from this, but always....have fun.
                        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

lockers

when i had 31s, those days were great, all those trails in bb are doable with 31s open, if its not a challenge then why do it right. now skids are a dif story,

Comment

Yucaipians unite we should all meet up some time. I may have to back out my friends lj might be going into the shop for an 8" lift lockers 37"s ect. cool for me I get his 4" 33's and rims for free. hehe. will update. If noone is really ready lets setup a date for the locals to run. I was wondering about upper Bear Creek / Slide Lake area never been up that way.

Comment

Im trying to get off work that day to make this run, is anyone still intrested in going?

Comment

Working...
                              X