Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Day at John Bull

Well this is Kevin, and my partner who I run over the road with and I went dove hunting up in the Big Bear mountains today. Well we didn't see any doves so I told him that we would go for a jeep ride. I headed over to John Bull, and the look on this kids face was you got to be kidding. But he has faith, (BLIND FAITH) I might add, and off we go. Beautiful day and only came upon a couple of other jeepers where we had launch at before. Oh I might add that the cruiser died in the most precarious position,(damn Carburetor) but fortunatley it was leaning on his side with the left front tire hanging in the air. This kid just about s--t himself, but I'd fixed the starter so the cruiser fired right up, turn into the hill and off we go. We stopped and pull out the carne asada and rice and put everything under the hood in a box I made and putted over to Where you can over look the Desert and had lunch. What a feast. My partner had never been to the forest being a city kid, and had never gone on a Jeep run like this. He was one happy camper. Now talking aboout wanting to get a Jeep of his owned. All the time we were up there I think we saw a total of ten vehicles. Nice and quiet. He also got to see his first rattle snake while we were having lunch, that really got his attention, especially since it was only about five feet away from him. But all in all it was a good day, see you guys next weekend, KEvin

Hey i think i was behind you this morning! Did you see a black XJ behind you in running springs before you stopped at that Valero for gas? (If it was you)
    -Allen
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Hey Allen, no didn't see anybody. We went up the backway on 18 then cut off on the side trail that take you up to Lucky Baldwin mine. Met some prospectors, and had a bull sesion with them. Cruise down 3N16 to 3n32 to John Bull and made a day out of that. Then we cruised back thru Horse Springs, back to Hesperia puffing on our Monte Cristo cigars. My partner has lived in the desert for ten years, and had never left the pavement. Now he wants to get a jeep. Just spreading the habit around, Kevin.

PS, You can't miss my cruiser, all black, with yellow quarter fenders on the back. My plaques say Putt-abouts on them. Always looking for a friend to wheel with, Kevin.

Comment

Working...
      X