Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Mountain 3N17?

Alright guys, we had a chance to adopt 2N87Y a few months back and now it's a locked gate. Greg has been gracious enough to invite us to co-adopt another trail with Orange County 4 Play. Anyone familiar with 3N17? Any pics available by chance? Thanks, Gang!

Mark
    "run forest, run!"

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
    Alright guys, we had a chance to adopt 2N87Y a few months back and now it's a locked gate. Greg has been gracious enough to invite us to co-adopt another trail with Orange County 4 Play. Anyone familiar with 3N17? Any pics available by chance? Thanks, Gang!

Mark
    Supe (TJSupe), George Kropp (TDS SD) and I ran the trail on June 10. Here's a link to our trip report: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6724

Here's a link to pics I took on the trail on October 8, 2005: White Mountain trail (3N17)

It's longer and more difficult than our current Adopt A Trail (2N84) and also more remote. It has nice views of the Lucerne Valley and Big Bear area. You definitely need 4 wheel drive on this trail. When we ran it in June, it seemed to be in pretty good shape. We wouldn't have to haul rocks to populate a rock garden; it already has plenty. I think it would be a great idea to adopt it.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Are we going to lose this trail if someone does not adopt it? Is trail 2n87y now gone forever?
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

This trail has been lost. TLCA L.A. County adopted it and the day before we were to run it to get a maintenance plan, Greg's boss disapproved the adoption because it ran through private property. Greg was just as bummed out as we were. Sorry, gates locked.

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
        Are we going to lose this trail if someone does not adopt it? Is trail 2n87y now gone forever?
        "run forest, run!"

Comment

Mark,

I posted my trip report from yesterday's White Mountains run. Trip Report - White Mountains
          What do we need to do to move the proposal to adopt 3N17 along?

Russ
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Great trail, great views. Russ, sweet pics as always!

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
            X