Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab Flats Campground road conditions?

I have a friend that called me to ask if I knew what the conditions of the road leading to Crab Flats Campground were. She is towing in her toyhauler.

Is the road in good enough condition for her to do this?

Thanks!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

If i remember right its just bumpy, nothing to be worried about. Im pretty sure i see cars there all the time.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Yeah, unless the rains have done some washing out the road is no problem for a truck.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Tam,

Last month, George Kropp (TDS SD) and I were going into Crab Flats from Green Valley and we saw a huge triple axle fifth wheel trailer leaving Crab Flats on 3N16. Because of the ruts in road, the trailer was scraping bottom a lot, and some of the ruts were so deep that the driver had brought along some wood blocks and planks to bridge the uneven spots. He would lay down the wood blocks, drive over them, then move them and repeat the process. I imagine it took him hours to get from Crab Flats to the pavement. He eventually made it out, so I guess that it is possible, but depending upon the length and clearance of the trailer, it might not be fun.

Russ
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

^^^ Well damn looks like i was wrong. haha
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Trailer size

All depends on how far back the wheels on the trailer are fron the tongue. When it goes over a bump the tongue might hit the high spot as the trailer did when Russ and I met them on the road to Crab Flats.

Comment

Working...
            X