Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleghorn Ridge and/or Pilot Rock Road 10/4/03

After getting back from our 3d anniversary, the Missus wants to get back in the Jeep for a bit of off-road fun.

I'd like to keep it nearby and, after flipping through Wells', settled on either Cleghorn Ridge (#29) or Pilot Rock Road (#30) or both.

We'll probably be keeping it pretty easy or as easy as the Wife wants, since she's going to be doing most of the trail driving.

If you're interested, let me know. Don't know the area at all, so don't know quite where to hook up. GPS coordinates are probably the easiest. Time is as flexible as I can be on a Saturday.
    Last edited by jmbrowning; 10-01-03, 06:59 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

this saturday is the 4x4 expo in pomona! there's going to be a meet-n-greet before the show too. we might be interested in doing cleghorn next weekend ... if it's not on fire! lol
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

OK, Missus wanted to go shopping anyway

She said, "Are you sure there's nothing you want to get at the Off-Road Expo?" Can't argue with that. Time to buy some cheap belly-up clearance (Nth degree vs. Jeep Medic).

See you at Pomona.

I'll move the Cleghorn/Pilot Rock Road to 10/25/03. I'm working on 10/11/03.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

ROCKIN!!

Comment

I believe Cleghorn is still closed from the last fire.

Rich

Comment

I know it was closed earlier this year, but Greg (forget his last name--the FS guy that heads up the OHV issues) said they were planning on re-opening it in the Aug/Sep time frame. Don't know if it happened or not, but that is a fun trail.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Ah, that'd be Greg Hoffman the USFS OHV Liason. He's a great guy. It sure is a fun one. I sure hope they do open it soon.

Originally posted by goodtimes
              I know it was closed earlier this year, but Greg (forget his last name--the FS guy that heads up the OHV issues) said they were planning on re-opening it in the Aug/Sep time frame. Don't know if it happened or not, but that is a fun trail.

Comment

Originally posted by m1jeep
                Ah, that'd be Greg Hoffman the USFS OHV Liason. He's a great guy. It sure is a fun one. I sure hope they do open it soon.
                Yup! That's the guy! I talked to him for awhile when they were going down Dishpan Springs to do some trail maintenance (back when the bridge was just started). I was going to sign up in the OHV Volunteer program this fall, but ended up moving to Tucson.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

DROVE BY CLEGHORN TODAY ...
                  yup, it's closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X