Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shari and I rode with the group which ran the John Bull and White Mountain trails.

The John Bull trail head.

Rick, The Color Guard in his green TJ

Bob, Joy and Hedi in their white TJ

Andrew in his silver Rubi Unlimited

This is the area that several Jeeps had problems with and was repaired (ruined) last week. Kurt in his (once again) TJ

And for those of you who didn't know such a thing ever existed, this is a CJ. We'll sort of anyway.

Comment

Five Jeeps left, and six returned. Funny how that happens. We met Ron and his two sons at the bottom of JB. Ron is new to offroading, but has set his TJ up right and was eager to try it out. This is JB going back up.

Kurt showing off.

Here's the new guy getting some air. I hope his wife doesn't see this.

And bringing up the rear again is the CJ. Thats right Ceee Jaaay.

Comment

OK, on to White Mountain. The Trail Head.

Kurt showing the way. I believe this is when Ron muttered "you guys are sick". This is Big Bear Ron, wait until we hit the Hammers.

It was fun going down so...

This is where Bob was thinking of changing his new nickname from "we don't need no stinking locker, to "Maybe we could use a stinking rear locker". You'll notice Joy isn't in with Bob on the way up.

The Crew seizing a "Kodak Moment"

Once again a great time with a great group of people. Kurt was the Trail Boss and did a stellar job. And I have to say Shari did a great job taking all the pictures.
        Last edited by Double AA; 08-01-06, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Great pictures!!! my favorite is the last one. On top of the mountian, flag flying, clear skies. What could be better than this?

Well done Andrew/Shari!!
          Thanks for a great time!
          What did you call it? A CeeeJaaaay? I call it a monster truck.
          BobO
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
            Go to Photobucket. Click the edit button above the picture. You will see a menu that will allow you to rotate the picture. But if you do that, it will ruin my reply, because the picture in my reply will be rotated too!!!
            Sorry Russ, but you know I just had to see if what you said would work, rotating the picture and YOUR RIGHT it did!!!
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
              i actually met my "buddy" alex at a gas station the other week while we were both filling up at the same time, he expressed some interest in finding trails in the area so i invited him along. I'd actually never hung out with him but from the way things went satruday looks like he may come run with us again if he's ever in CA next year. he definitely had a good time with everyone.
              HAHA thats funny how you dont even know someone but they have a Jeep and then theyre your friend in like a second. Thats the coolness of the Jeep.
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                HAHA thats funny how you dont even know someone but they have a Jeep and then theyre your friend in like a second. Thats the coolness of the Jeep.
                ...i just wish more beautiful young women drove jeeps...i'd be making new 'friends' every day
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Nice pics everyone! That last flag there rocks, I need a flag
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ok,
                    Finally coaxed the ole' camera to cough up the pictures.
                    This was the Big Bear run of John Bull (both ways) and White Mountain (again, both ways).
                    First off, Saturday afternoon I went up to the 2N84, and Butler peak. This is from Butler Peak at about 430PM.

OK enough of that! John Bull- Took a while to get us there (thanks for everyone being so patient and not killing me and leaving me the woods).

Andrew and Bob at the trailhead

Bob and Rick, with Old Glory

Andrew heading up the first rock garden

Bob "I don't need no stinking Lockers" trying to flex his muscle

OK that looks better...

What ws that about no competition Bob?

Lining up for another rock

Ohhhh yeahhhh

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

OK here comes the Beast! Andrew and Shari's Ceeee Jaaay

The Beast flexin

West to East coming down to the East trailhead

Up and over...

Is that "ROCK" music I hear?

Too easy, where's the Hammers?

Turned around and went back up

Comment

White Mountain was next. We didn't do it all because the dinner bell was ringing, but we still had fun...

I like this pic because of the flag

I think this is the only picture I got of Ron's Rubi. Guess that means you have to come run with us again...

This was fun...

No break downs, no flops on John Bull thanks to the WayweGos cleanin up the Tree obstacle, made some more new freinds, picked up some trash along the way (no, not you Bob). What started out to be a noob run for a few wound up being a great day of wheeling with a lot of good folks. Can't wait to do it again!
                        Rat

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                          AMEN !

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                            ...i just wish more beautiful young women drove jeeps...i'd be making new 'friends' every day
                            Double, no TRIPLE AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!

Comment

I'm Hooked

That was a great run, thankx for everything...everyone!! I have just signed up to use mjr and can't figure out how to find those awesome photos Russ took, anyone any suggestions.

AFalk

Comment

alex, scroll back to page 4 or 5...i think the pics are all listed back there somewhere. you can even check out the video of your driving up the hill on pontiac sluice...
                                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X