Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to make this one. I will post later to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
      confirmed, i think everyone would have more fun if there is a smaller group and less waiting while we're on the trails. even if there are no breakdowns you always wait more than you drive if you get too many rigs in the bunch.

we can always split into 2 groups if lots of people end up at the fire station sunday morning...there are plenty of trails to run up there and i'm sure everyone will have a great time either way.
      The two group deal works. I know there will be a couple of us at least that will want to run Dishpan and JB, me being one of them, so if it gets too crowded we can split and all have fun! No probs...

Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
        The two group deal works. I know there will be a couple of us at least that will want to run Dishpan and JB, me being one of them, so if it gets too crowded we can split and all have fun! No probs...

Rat
        That would be fun... too bad i dont have any armor at all!
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I'm there but I dont know about JB or Dishpan. I'm still stock height but I'm putting on some gas tank armor Saturday.

Comment

Shari and I will be there. We're up for Dishpan, John Bull or whatever.

Comment

those of us with sufficient armor and ground clearance will probably end up going with kurt to run dishpan/JB...the rest can tag along with me to run the milder trails if they want to take it easy or don't think the rig is up to the challenge. I'd suggest any noob do the milder stuff.
              I've done JB twice with an open diff stocker, so it can be done but be prepared to hear lots of scraping and banging coming from the belly, there's no way around this as there are some BIG rocks along the way...

i agree, no limit on the roll call #, we'll just split into 2 groups at the fire station. see there's always fun for everyone

PS be prepared for thunderstorms blowing up in the afternoon, seems to be the routine up in the mountains lately with all the heat going on.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian
                I'm there but I dont know about JB or Dishpan. I'm still stock height but I'm putting on some gas tank armor Saturday.
                I'm still going but no JB or Dishpan for me. I got the gas tank armor used from a friend so I just checked Poison Spyder's website and it stated I have to be lifted at least 2" to use it.

Comment

those of us with sufficient armor and ground clearance will probably end up going with kurt to run dishpan/JB...the rest can tag along with me to run the milder trails if they want to take it easy or don't think the rig is up to the challenge. I'd suggest any noob do the milder stuff.
                  I've done JB twice with an open diff stocker, so it can be done but be prepared to hear lots of scraping and banging coming from the belly, there's no way around this as there are some BIG rocks along the way...

i agree, no limit on the roll call #, we'll just split into 2 groups at the fire station. see there's always fun for everyone

PS be prepared for thunderstorms blowing up in the afternoon, seems to be the routine up in the mountains lately with all the heat going on.
                  Mike,
                  Did you think you would get this kind of response for this run? Pretty nice turn out. Perfect timing, and a great place to run. See ya Sunday.
                  Rat

Comment

hmmmmmmm going to try to make this one too........Brian, you can do it all in your stock Rubi.......trust me.........

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                      Did you think you would get this kind of response for this run?
                      no idea
                      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Maddmike, I am lifted by 3", open diff, no armor. How successful can I be on JB or DP? I know Kurts thoughts on this already.
                        See you Sunday.
                        BobO
                        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

j/b

johnbull is not that bad of a trail, you can make it in a stock rig with skids with no prob, ive actually found it to be quite fun if not more fun in a mildly built rig, its just very repeticious?. and is one of the rougher trails in bb so i think everyone builds it up to be way worse than it is. Same with d/p theres only one bad spot the rest is cake. dont get me wrong i love these trails, and have been running them since i could drive, just think there a bit overrated. i mean its bigbear, not J/V

Comment

Originally posted by jeepnzj
                            johnbull is not that bad of a trail, you can make it in a stock rig with skids with no prob, ive actually found it to be quite fun if not more fun in a mildly built rig, its just very repeticious?. and is one of the rougher trails in bb so i think everyone builds it up to be way worse than it is. Same with d/p theres only one bad spot the rest is cake. dont get me wrong i love these trails, and have been running them since i could drive, just think there a bit overrated. i mean its bigbear, not J/V

Interesting. Where is J/V?
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Weather for Sunday;

Chance of a Thunderstorm
                              76° F | 43° F
                              24° C | 6° C
                              40% chance of precipitation

I hope someone's bringing a rig taller than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                                Interesting. Where is J/V?
                                Bob,
                                Your jeep can do all the trails in BB. I only stopped you at Holcolm because of the lack of skids on the tranny. I didn't want to be responsible for trashing your jeep the day I met you
                                If you want to run John Bull and Holcolm we'll just have to pick really good lines and make sure you stay off the tranny. That is more of a challenge and a lot more fun. And if it rains that will add another dimension to it all. All in all, it's nothing but fun. C YA Sunday...
                                Rat

Comment

Working...
                                X