Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Ran Deep Creek for the 1st time - PICS!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ran Deep Creek for the 1st time - PICS!

Deep Creek is awesome. Well..actually...it has one great hill. The rest was fairly easy. But it was worth the drive. There were three in my group. I am the white YJ. Also had a TJ and an old Willys.

Pictures never really do it justice, but here they are

Yours truly

Bill Salka:

Jerry Gooss

Come prepared with plenty of water because it is hot right now and the trip back up the hill is tough and can take some time if you take the hard lines, which we did.. Bill broke an axle on his Willys (or locker, we don't know which).
    Last edited by paultyler; 07-17-06, 12:06 AM.
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

looks like you had a real good time

was the trail hardcore enough for you?
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

That one hill was about right.
      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

OK now go run it uphill in reverse!
        RAt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
          OK now go run it uphill in reverse!
          RAt
          Are you kidding?! I was happy that we went up the hard way (up the ledge) without taking the "bypass" to the left. Although the bypass looked fun too.
          Last edited by paultyler; 07-17-06, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Paul, Jerry, and Bill....I am bummed that I missed this trail ride. I'm not sure that I would have come out in one piece but I would have given it my best shot. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
              Are you kidding?! I was happy that we went up the hard way (up the ledge) without taking the "bypass" to the left. Although the bypass looked fun too.
              Paul,
              Those pictures show the Falls at DP better than any I've seen so far. My hats off to the photog. Sure would like to hook up for run with you seeins how I didn't get to meet you when I came out to look at those D30 axles you had for sale.
              Thanks for the great pics,
              Kurt
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Deep Creek trail notes

Dishpan Springs and Deep Creek is a very fun trail. However, the real excitement is to Dishpan Springs from the trail head at 3N16 to 3N34 and then reverse back the same way. The trail from Dishpan Springs to Deep Creek is really a frame twister in spots and a few rocks. It takes about 45 minutes one way from Dishpan Springs to Deep Creek. When exiting 3N34 to 3N16, you can go left and in a few miles you are at Holcomb Valley trail. While the trail is technical in two spots, the fun is at "the wall" at Dishpan Springs. The line has got to be perfect otherwise the vehicle will slide left and end up in an very off camber situation. Winching may be a must as a safety factor so do not let your ego get the best of you. My comments here refer to Jeep Wranglers and may not apply to longer wheel base vehicles.
                Take all the hard lines and enjoy the trail. Use spotters where necessary and just take your time. I would suggest your vehicle have at least 33 inch tires, air down to a maximum of 15 psi, lockers front and rear, and the usual skid plates. All of the above will make the trail enjoyable. One other tip would be to air down even MORE when attempting "the wall" and then air up to say 15 psi after completing the obstacle.

Comment

I did that trail uphill in an IFS Nissan Xterra with 32's and no lockers. That was interesting.

Jason
                  The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
                    I did that trail uphill in an IFS Nissan Xterra with 32's and no lockers. That was interesting.

Jason
                    Yeah...sure you did.

Wait a minute...I just clicked on your link. Dude, I totally believe you. You rock! :gun:

Comment

I hope my post didn't come off as arrogant or bragging. It was just a conversation piece. Those who know me know I'm not like that. Just stating that it is not always the vehicle but the driver.

With that said I love my Jeep!!!!!

Jason

P.S. It is true......

J
                      The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
                        I hope my post didn't come off as arrogant or bragging. It was just a conversation piece. Those who know me know I'm not like that. Just stating that it is not always the vehicle but the driver.

With that said I love my Jeep!!!!!

Jason

P.S. It is true......

J

LOL. It didn't. I just saw that you teach how to choke people out so I thought I was being funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X