Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bull Warning

Just wanted to give the group a heads up about the John Bull trail. Traveling East to West there's one obstacle that's a hard off camber right turn around what's left of some trees. A month ago we had a CJ5 roll there and we almost lost a TJ. This spot has gotten much worse. Last weekend there were seven roll overs at this spot. This time the victims were:

2 XY's
    2 YJ's
    1 CJ5
    1 CJ7
    1 TJ

Here's the CJ from a month ago...

Use caution and don't hesitate to throw and line and snatch block on the tree just above. Stay safe and happy wheeling...
    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

what's changed there? I don't remember that area being that bad. Washout or tweaked line...?
    "run forest, run!"

Comment

It was washed out a month ago and now it's worse. I'm told that the low side even had standing water in it so there must have been some thunder storms recently.
      Last edited by GrimJeeper91; 07-15-06, 07:14 AM.
      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

from the picture it just looks like a bad judgement. doesnt seem to hard to me and ive taken JB many times! .. i know pics dont do justice though so thanks for the heads up. BTW are the fires messing with closures at all?
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up.....
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

We did a night patrol up there in June
            Everyone came through fine
            I winder what happened since then?
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Pictures never really do it justice. Unless you're REALLY familiar with the trail it's tough to determine what obstacle is shown in the pic. This spot has always been pretty off camber. It was much worse than usual a month ago and the info I provided about all of the roll-overs last weekend are from a friend (who's run this trail 20+ times). Since I wasn't there I don't know the details of how the obstacle has changed since my group (12 - mostly Jeeps) went through over Memorial. With our group we only had two that had issues. Obviously the CJ and a TJ with 6" of lift and no sway bars and open diffs.

BTW, the CJ pictured is my dad's '69. First flop in 37 years of wheeling. He was the only CJ5 and hence the shortest and narrowest of the rigs in our group. Just too much angle and for the norrow CJ.

Comment

that sure is an interesting place for the jeep to take a nap
                glad no one was hurt.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik...isnt that the place where we met you...about 3+ years ago? You were hanging off the front drivers fender and bumper, with my tire lifted like ummm...4' in the air?

If thats the place, it looks way way worse then its ever been. Has the AAT Club been notified?

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                    Erik...isnt that the place where we met you...about 3+ years ago? You were hanging off the front drivers fender and bumper, with my tire lifted like ummm...4' in the air?

If thats the place, it looks way way worse then its ever been. Has the AAT Club been notified?

Tam
                    it is hard to tell with that jeep in the way
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I notified Greg, and he's going out today to fix this. Thanks, Grim, for the info.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                        I notified Greg, and he's going out today to fix this. Thanks, Grim, for the info.
                        Good news...

Comment

They are going to continue work on this trail this Sat. I beleive it was the 'Way We Goes' who will be doing the work.
                          Supe
                          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I know this is kind of late, but they where also asking for some help with this, since they are a small club.
                            The forest service told them they needed to go in and do trail repairs at this specific spot since there had been so many rollovers.

Navy-Jeepster
                            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Thanks to You Guys Who Repair Trails

Last year I went with a group to Big Bear and saw the aftermath of a large (I believe it was a Toyota) truck that had just rolled. The genius driver had mounted an extremely large tire on the roof of his seriously lifted vehicle...he went on a nice roll with his wife just before we got to the stretch of the trail. By the time my group got there, some Jeepers had already fixed the trail with shovels and and strong backs. It's nice to know that there are so many safety minded good Samaritans out there. [If I ever majorly bust my rig, I know the little lady who watches the finances will let me buy little more than a tricycyle. That's when I go from off roading to hiking]

Comment

Working...
                              X