Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maden Voyage: 2N17X

Well i just got my Rubicon 4.5" Super-Flex put on my XJ so its time for its first run out. Im going to run 2N17X with CJBrian so everyone is welcome to come. 2N17X has some pretty good ruts and stuff so if your ballsy enough to go out stock come on down. I dont have lockers or anything so if you dont, it shouldnt be a problem. Were going to meet at the Cedar Springs Day Use Area of HWY 173 @ 8:30am and were going to run 2N17X then depending on how long that takes we'll take 2N33 to Pilot Rock and then we'll go from there. Hope you guys can make it out! Kurt you better be there.
    -Allen

EDIT: SUNADY 7-16-06
    Last edited by swbooking; 07-10-06, 11:17 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

It will also be my first time out in the new LJ. Cant wait to wheel a stocker. The CJ made most of the local trails feel easy.

CORRECTION: DATE- SUNDAY 7-16-06
    Last edited by CJBrian; 07-10-06, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Anyone else up for it?
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian
        It will also be my first time out in the new LJ. Cant wait to wheel a stocker. The CJ made most of the local trails feel easy.

Brian,
        Sumpin tells me that LJ is in for a workout! I seen how you wheel, and I just know the tough lines are not going to be missing you Hahahahaaaa
        If I can be there I will be. I'll be at Lake Havasu Friday and Saturday, So I'll try to get over there and hook up with you guys. I'll do my best. Can't wait to see the new ride.
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
          Anyone else up for it?
          Allen,
          Got your PM. Check it out. If I can make to 2N17 I will. See my PM to you about the tires.
          Rat

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
            Brian,
            Sumpin tells me that LJ is in for a workout! I seen how you wheel, and I just know the tough lines are not going to be missing you Hahahahaaaa
            If I can be there I will be. I'll be at Lake Havasu Friday and Saturday, So I'll try to get over there and hook up with you guys. I'll do my best. Can't wait to see the new ride.
            Rat
            I'm going to avoid the boulders untill I get it up higher and get somemore armor.

Comment

2n17x

How dose 2N17X compare with the Jhon Bull trail?

Mike,

Comment

Originally posted by 4XINT.J.
                How dose 2N17X compare with the Jhon Bull trail?

Mike,
                No rocks like bull but lots of rutted spots that test your suspension and hill climbs. When you run it from Cedar springs it is all up hill.

Comment

A couple friends and I ran that trail on the way to dishpan Sat. We thought it would be a nice little dirt road. It turned in to a puckered up adventure. I would say it is harder than John bull for a swb jeep.
                  <><
                  4x4him.org

Comment

haha yes... thats what im hoping for

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Where the heck is 2N17X. It sounds like Big Bear somewhere? Is this the trail that cuts into the middle of Holcomb?

I am running Dishpan on Saturday monring so maybe I can join you on Sunday.
                      Last edited by paultyler; 07-13-06, 09:20 PM.
                      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
                        Where the heck is 2N17X. It sounds like Big Bear somewhere? Is this the trail that cuts into the middle of Holcomb?
                        2N17X starts near the dam at Silverwood Lake and is a black diamond rated "shortcut" to Lake Arrowhead. The trail that cuts into the middle of Holcomb is the Lower Larga Flats trail (2N06X). Here's a link to the trip report from November 2005 when Jeri Lyn led an MJR run of Cleghorn Ridge and then 2N17X.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5464
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

Thanks Russ I couldn't of said it better myself. Depending on how fast we finish 2n17x will run over towards Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear.

Originally posted by Russ Chung
                          2N17X starts near the dam at Silverwood Lake and is a black diamond rated "shortcut" to Lake Arrowhead. The trail that cuts into the middle of Holcomb is the Lower Larga Flats trail (2N06X). Here's a link to the trip report from November 2005 when Jeri Lyn led an MJR run of Cleghorn Ridge and then 2N17X.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5464

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian

OK,
                            Are we meeting at Silverwood lake dam? If not, please tell me where to meet. I'll be there for sure.
                            Rat

Comment

YES in the parking lot called Cedar springs day use area.

Originally posted by rat patrol
                              OK,
                              Are we meeting at Silverwood lake dam? If not, please tell me where to meet. I'll be there for sure.
                              Rat

Comment

Working...
                              X