Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride the Bull

We headed to Big Bear to visit a family member and to drive a few off road trails in the back country. When we arrived our family member was not home so, we were able to drive three trails. Including the popluar John Bull Trail.
    The trip report is with the pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

It took awhile to view all the pics, but those were the most comprehensive shots of the John Bull trail that I've seen....thanks!!
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
        It took awhile to view all the pics, but those were the most comprehensive shots of the John Bull trail that I've seen....thanks!!
        That's high praise coming from Russ! He's right though...great pics!!
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Nice shots
          we did a night run on the bull in June, I only have one pic and that is of everyone looking at the middle climb.
          we took 1 jeep (mine) 5 FJ Cruisers and a ExTerra up over it. The only thing that had trouble was the Nissan. it just doesn't seem to want to turn tight enough sometimes. Yea this year the jeep isn't doing to me what it did 3 times up there, I think you can archive a few stories of me, alone at night doing tiewire and duct tape repairs up on the bull. Last year I, broke a contril arm,
          blew out an axle seal, and killed a front diff protector ring up on that trail. Final trip I let Barker drive and we made it
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I'm glad you all enjoyed it, John Bull is a great trail.

Comment

Ran the Bull In June for the first time and had a blast

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j8...wfever_photos/

Rick
              Rick

IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
              http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/yellowfever_photos/[/url]

Comment

Ran it yesterday, just to check up on what was up, took up a tacoma FJ Cruiser and my jeep. east to west, first half is as easy as always, seems one of my favorite obstilcles has been destroyed though, someone moved a bunch of rockes to make it easier on the bottom of the middle hill, bummer
                sevcond half had major trail maintenece going on, there were 2 adoptatrail clubs up there, wAYWEGOSD AND rUBICON OWNERS CLUB plus the forestry service and they were working on the offcamber area, besides that it was the normal point and bump 1 hour cruise behind holcomb valley we all love

Comment

With the exception of the off camber section, I think the trail is as easy as I've seen it in the six years I've been running it. On the flip side, the middle rock garden on the Holecomb Creek (3N93) Trail is probably as rough as I've seen.
                  '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Originally posted by GrimJeeper91
                    With the exception of the off camber section, I think the trail is as easy as I've seen it in the six years I've been running it. On the flip side, the middle rock garden on the Holecomb Creek (3N93) Trail is probably as rough as I've seen.
                    I have to agree
                    the problem is, as more guys want to say they did our beloved trails, they move stuff out of the way so they can make it
                    and our trails begin to look like freeways
                    I think with big organizations like jeep jamboree, and even the big bear forest fest. that they moce so many rocks to get the near stock vehicle thru that they destroy the trails. I have seen rockbars out moving rocks a week before a major passing from these events, it is a shame.

Comment

I've never understood what the thrill of JB is. I think it is one of the easiest trails around.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                      X