Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller and Lockwood (Gorman area)

Hey, I was thinking of heading up to Gorman area for Sunday. Just going to check out Hungry Valley SVRA. We could do the Lockwood and Miller trails if interested. I went up last week and had a blast. Just seeing if anyone else was interested in meeting me up there and checking things out. anyways, just PM me, or leave a note here. I will be on ch. 4 CB I this is really late notice. It could be a late morning, midday thing, and just a half day. Maybe just explore the Hungry Valley SVRA obstacles etc.

-CJ
    1981 CJ7 '92 4.0L 35 BFG MTs, D30/D44, D300, ~6in SUA lift, etc...
    1978 CJ5 FOR SALE

CJ:

I would have gone with you but I was out of town.

Paul
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

It all good. I ended up having to take care of a few things anyways. SO I didn't get up there, more warning might have also helped get a group together. I gave VERY late notice. It'll have to happen some other weekend.
      1978 CJ5 FOR SALE

Comment

Well, how about a run on Sunday July 2nd? Thats far enough off to put something togeter........
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I'd love to, but I'll be out of town. Going up North for the 4th of July, probably going to wheel a local trail up off of HWY 4 (slick rock, a small 4 mile granite trail) I'd love to do it another weekend. Just let me know.
          -CJ
          1978 CJ5 FOR SALE

Comment

i am gonna be in miller-lockwood for the 1st time on sat... I have a 2006 wrangler 31 inch tires and rest is still stock until next weekend do you all think i will be ok?
            IF FIRST YOU DON'T MAKE IT TRY TRY AGAIN!

Comment

Its a great trail you should have a blast. Might be kinda hot though. I think you'll be fine, but you will have to chose your lines carefully and take most of the bypasses. Do you have the wrangler rubicon? cause then your totally fine. I think with some finesse and some careful driving you can get through pretty much unscathed. You'll drag your belly over some rocks I'm sure. Do you have people going with you? You should definitely have at lease one friend with you to help ya out. Anybody with some advice? its been a long time since I wheeled with 31" tires and open diffs.
              Last edited by cjarnesen; 06-29-06, 03:03 PM.
              1978 CJ5 FOR SALE

Comment

I am new at the jeep thing lol but i understand LOL this will be my 6th time off roading last week these buddies of mine got me through bolder climbing in bigbear i did not get 1 scratch on my rig knock on wood i am getting a 4 inch on the 7th of july. its not a ruby i wish it was but i did not know how cool offroading would be lol. I got a 2006 wrangler X manual tranny the reason i did not get a rubicon was because the salesman said the rubicons did not have A/C boy i got screwed.... But on the brightside I am in the process of building a really cool rig.. after these tires wear down a little i am moving up tire size to 33's

Thanks for the info I am still new at off-roading thing anyinfo is greatly appreciated!!!

Ron
                IF FIRST YOU DON'T MAKE IT TRY TRY AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
                X